The Student Room Group

I have no driving force to do my school work

I'm in my final year of school, I was able to get very good grades up until a year ago and I think it's because of my transition to university soon. However, since September, my grades haven't been looking good at all and I think it's because I know how important they are for my future but there's a huge pressure that comes with it and so I just don't want work because I lack the motivation because why work if I have to endure this huge pressure? I'm not happy like this. I just sometimes stare at the wall when I get home for an hour, idk. and i'm just seeking an answer or a solution or just something to this problem cos i know this is my future but i also don't have any motivation or just any driving force.
Motivation for me is how close it is to the end - not long to push through now.
Are you perfectionistic and/or struggling to start? Try breaking it into tiny tasks and reward yourself for being even just a little productive :smile:
Reply 2
Sometimes when things really matter we're more anxious because it feels like there's so much at stake and we're worried we might fail. That often manifests as procrastination or 'avoidance', it can feel like we're just not motivated, but you were motivated before when it didn't count for as much, so that can't be right. One thing that can help is trying to get into view how much it means to you and that you're anxious about not doing well, because that's okay to feel and normal. And then consider that it's not the end of the world whether you do well or not. How you do on some exams doesn't decide your worth, it's not as much at stake as it feels. The worst case scenario is you'll still be alive and well and yourself, your loved ones will still love you, the world won't come crashing down. The things that really matter won't have changed. So it's not such a big overwhelming thing that you have to hide from it. But it would be nice to do well, so just relax and give it your best shot 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending