The Student Room Group

What is your favourite city car?

As the title says, what is your favourite city car?
hyundai i10
Reply 2
Citroen ami

Edit: Why can't comments be entirely in capitals.

CITROEN AMI
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Emma:-)
As the title says, what is your favourite city car?

Nissan Qashqai
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
Nissan Qashqai

That's not a city car
That's not a city car

It's considered to be a tiny car where I live :lol: anything below 2000cc is tiny here, we drive a v8
I'd love a Toyota Aygo :colondollar:
Reply 7
Original post by CoolCavy
I'd love a Toyota Aygo :colondollar:

My son looked at one but the boot isn't that big - he went for a Skoda Citigo as his first car.
Original post by Muttley79
My son looked at one but the boot isn't that big - he went for a Skoda Citigo as his first car.

Yeh I think it's a bit underpowered as well for things like motorways plus they are super expensive :frown:
I will keep my Panda for a bit and see how I go with that before it rusts 😬
Reply 9
Yeh I think it's a bit underpowered as well for things like motorways plus they are super expensive :frown:
I will keep my Panda for a bit and see how I go with that before it rusts 😬

When he got the car there was a 0% finance deal on a new one - offers aren't so common now.

Cars don't rust as badly as they used to .. we tend to keep our cars. My Yaris was 15 years old and had done 150 000 miles when I traded it in - no rust at all but concerned it was going to need work.
Original post by Muttley79
When he got the car there was a 0% finance deal on a new one - offers aren't so common now.

Cars don't rust as badly as they used to .. we tend to keep our cars. My Yaris was 15 years old and had done 150 000 miles when I traded it in - no rust at all but concerned it was going to need work.

Oh wow that is good :O yeh the high interest rates put me off finance :/ if it was just paying in installments that would be different but they make it so much more expensive in the end than just buying it outright. Hence why I was forced into buying older cars.

I hope this one will be okay, its a bit newer than my last one but I had a really bad experience with my last car. When I took it for MOT they said that the chassis was actually fractured structurally and it had holes in several places. I didnt know much about cars when I brought it and so I made sure to check this one better for rust etc. I would like to keep it as long as possible and I want to lanoguard it before the winter comes :redface:
Reply 11
Last petrol version of the smart for two. I would have said the electric version, but living where I do the air con is a must, and if you get stuck in a traffic jam it’s quite likely you won’t make it home.
Oh wow that is good :O yeh the high interest rates put me off finance :/ if it was just paying in installments that would be different but they make it so much more expensive in the end than just buying it outright. Hence why I was forced into buying older cars.

I hope this one will be okay, its a bit newer than my last one but I had a really bad experience with my last car. When I took it for MOT they said that the chassis was actually fractured structurally and it had holes in several places. I didnt know much about cars when I brought it and so I made sure to check this one better for rust etc. I would like to keep it as long as possible and I want to lanoguard it before the winter comes :redface:

I remember you saying about your old car :frown:

Really hope your Panda serves you wel - being mobile makes such a difference :grouphugs:
Reply 13
Porsche 911. Which? All of them.
That's not a city car

It looks like it wants to be offroad and wagony while being largely incapable away from smooth tarmac, sounds city enough to me :P

Joking aside, I do a lot of city-to-rural driving, and the vast % of Quashqais I see are city/school run cars, regardless of who they were initially marketed to. Thee is always that odd 'SUV look on a small car' crowd
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 15
I have a classic 1994 Volkswagen Polo and a hot hatchback Fiat Panda 100hp Sport and both are fantastic city cars :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by oligti
I have a classic 1994 Volkswagen Polo and a hot hatchback Fiat Panda 100hp Sport and both are fantastic city cars :smile:

But can you drive them in the ulez zones?
Reply 17
Original post by Euapp
But can you drive them in the ulez zones?

The classic Polo I can't (but it will be exempt in 10 years...)
The Panda I can luckily - however I've never needed to go in a ULEZ zone in my 2.5 years of driving and don't plan on it any time soon either! :smile:
BMW 430i, with a sunroof. A dream to drive around London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending