The Student Room Group

Cambridge engineering rejection

How bad must I have messed up the ENGAA to get rejected from Cambridge?

I applied to Pembroke engineering with 43/45 predicted IB with the missing points in English and TOK/EE. I doubt i got rejected solely off of that or the personal statement.
Your guys' thoughts?
Original post by Anonymous #1
How bad must I have messed up the ENGAA to get rejected from Cambridge?

I applied to Pembroke engineering with 43/45 predicted IB with the missing points in English and TOK/EE. I doubt i got rejected solely off of that or the personal statement.
Your guys' thoughts?

Most likely your ENGAA performance!!! ☹️ But don't lose all hope, apply to Girton or Homerton next year.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888
Most likely your ENGAA performance!!! ☹️ But don't lose all hope, apply to Girton or Homerton next year.

Do you think its worth it to go even if I get accepted next year? It'd be almost like the equivalent of taking a gap year
You can check your engaa. What did u get?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2
You can check your engaa. What did u get?

I got:
Section 1 a - 3.9
Section 1 b - 3.2
Section 2 - 5.8
I got:
Section 1 a - 3.9
Section 1 b - 3.2
Section 2 - 5.8

6.0 is seen as a respectable score. So your Section 2 was awesome but your 1 a and 1 b let you down unfortunately?! ☹️

You could re-apply next year if you feel you can do better in the ENGAA?
(edited 4 months ago)
I got:
Section 1 a - 3.9
Section 1 b - 3.2
Section 2 - 5.8

I have a friend who got an interview with a slightly higher score (you have avrage like 4.3, he has 4.4 or 4.5) so i think you were close. He applied for a different college but still, the scores you achieved may have been a bit too low for interview but not bad!
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #2
I have a friend who got an interview with a slightly higher score (you have avrage like 4.3, he has 4.4 or 4.5) so i think you were close. He applied for a different college but still, the scores you achieved may have been a bit too low for interview but not bad!

Ah okay. By the way unrelated, do you happen to know if I can request for specific feedback? I got like a generic email, kind of want to get some specific feedback.
Thanks for all the help!
Ah okay. By the way unrelated, do you happen to know if I can request for specific feedback? I got like a generic email, kind of want to get some specific feedback.
Thanks for all the help!

Im pretty sure you can, my friend who got rejected from oxford last year requested and received such feedback - i think you can ask cambridge for that as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending