The Student Room Group

Is it worth me applying to KCL OR UCL WITH AAB

I want to study international relations (something of that nature). I’ve currently applied for QUEEN MARY and SOAS for IR and economics and LSE for international public and social policy which all want AAB OR ABB. is it worth me applying for politics and IR at UCL when they want AAA and I have AAB. Same goes for kings should I apply to international development when they want AAA and I have AAB.
London universities are massively oversubscribed due to the numbers of students especially from overseas applying there. Lse and UCL both have over 1/2 their students from abroad. Applying to 3 of Kings, LSE and UCL is massively risky even if you exceed their entry requirements. To do so whilst not meeting them makes it more risky. Applying to 2 is fine if you make sure you have other options in case of rejection. Applying to all 3 if you dont meet the grades s foolish.
Original post by myyr
I want to study international relations (something of that nature). I’ve currently applied for QUEEN MARY and SOAS for IR and economics and LSE for international public and social policy which all want AAB OR ABB. is it worth me applying for politics and IR at UCL when they want AAA and I have AAB. Same goes for kings should I apply to international development when they want AAA and I have AAB.

You may want to consider Royal Holloway, University of London too as a choice, as it is also excellent.

SOAS will definitely make you an offer, so apply there.

However, KCL and UCL are heavily oversubscribed with highly qualified applicants.

What are your A grade predicted A-Level subjects? I wonder if you can get the B grade A-Level subject up to an A? 😧
Reply 3
Original post by thegeek888
You may want to consider Royal Holloway, University of London too as a choice, as it is also excellent.

SOAS will definitely make you an offer, so apply there.

However, KCL and UCL are heavily oversubscribed with highly qualified applicants.

What are your A grade predicted A-Level subjects? I wonder if you can get the B grade A-Level subject up to an A? 😧

Unfortunately the B in maths, the other two a is in economics and biology. They are refusing to move it to an A :/
Original post by myyr
Unfortunately the B in maths, the other two a is in economics and biology. They are refusing to move it to an A :/

The only thing you can do now is do lots of past exam papers, read the mark schemes and examiners reports for A-Level Maths and achieve an A grade or even A star grade and on results day ask KCL and UCL if they have places? Otherwise you will have to take a gap year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending