Scroll to see replies

Original post by doemackinnon
Hi this is a thread for politics and IR applicants for 2022 <3

introduce yourself down below with your:

uni choices
firm choice uni
any offers you may have recieved
and let us know if you've got an offer for UCL yet :smile:

omg hi! I applied to Cambridge for HSPS (rejected lol), UCL for Pol and IR, Edinburgh for Politics and Geography, Warwick for PPE and Leeds for PPE (offer). not sure what i'll firm as i'm still waiting on 3 decisions :smile: i haven't heard back yet but hopefully soon
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

uni choices
firm choice uni

I should probably introduce myself too!

I applied to Bath, Birmingham, LSE, UCL (Pol and IR) and Cambridge (HSPS) . And received offers for Bath (AAA), Birmingham (AAB) and UCL (AAA). I have firmed UCL as my top uni <3
Hi! I'm still waiting to hear from UCL. Applied to Cam (pooled then rejected post-interview), Durham (Offer, AAB), UCL (waiting), Bath (offer, AAB) and LSE (waiting.)

uni choices
firm choice uni

I have applied to UCL because im a MASSIVE TORY and like high rent prices
Original post by Porridge9280
I have applied to UCL because im a MASSIVE TORY and like high rent prices

:s-smilie: can't wait for the high rent
Original post by highlighters0312
Hi! I'm still waiting to hear from UCL. Applied to Cam (pooled then rejected post-interview), Durham (Offer, AAB), UCL (waiting), Bath (offer, AAB) and LSE (waiting.)

well done on an AAB offer from Durham that's amazing! Which uni do you think you will pool?
Original post by flora8942
omg hi! I applied to Cambridge for HSPS (rejected lol), UCL for Pol and IR, Edinburgh for Politics and Geography, Warwick for PPE and Leeds for PPE (offer). not sure what i'll firm as i'm still waiting on 3 decisions :smile: i haven't heard back yet but hopefully soon

manifesting the best for your decisions
I should probably introduce myself too!

I applied to Bath, Birmingham, LSE, UCL (Pol and IR) and Cambridge (HSPS) . And received offers for Bath (AAA), Birmingham (AAB) and UCL (AAA). I have firmed UCL as my top uni <3

Congrats on your UCL offer! If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply and are you an international student? : )
Original post by Anonymous
Congrats on your UCL offer! If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply and are you an international student? : )

Thank you so much! I applied at the earliest date possible (so very early October) and then heard back in mid January from them. I'm a home student <3
Hello! Applied to Durham, LSE, UCL, KCL and Royal Holloway. Got an offer for RHUL and Durham but rejected from LSE... I applied in mid-October but the application status for both KCL and UCL hasn't changed since :/
Original post by rarahaque
Hello! Applied to Durham, LSE, UCL, KCL and Royal Holloway. Got an offer for RHUL and Durham but rejected from LSE... I applied in mid-October but the application status for both KCL and UCL hasn't changed since :/

congrats on your offer from Durham, thats amazing! i knew London unis took this long to reply but honestly it feels excessive haha
Original post by rarahaque

I got rejected from LSE too haha

well done on your Durham offer, and goodluck for UCL and KCL hopefully they get back to u soon
Reply 13
Hey,

Applied to

QMUL(offer)
St Andrews (Rejected)
LSE (Rejected)
UCL( waiting)
Warwick(offer)

Just got rejected from LSE so hella nervous about the UCL outcome as I really wanna stay in London for Uni
Original post by westeyr
Hey,

Applied to

QMUL(offer)
St Andrews (Rejected)
LSE (Rejected)
UCL( waiting)
Warwick(offer)

Just got rejected from LSE so hella nervous about the UCL outcome as I really wanna stay in London for Uni

Don't worry, I got rejected from LSE but got an offer for UCL!! LSE are very very nitpicky for who they let in (I got rejected on the basis of 1 gcse grade), whereas I don't think UCL are as strict. Best of luck!!
I've applied for IR at:
- LSE (no reply)
- UCL (no reply)
- QMUL (offer!!!)
- SOAS (offer!!!)

As a backup, I also applied for Global Humanitarian Studies at UCL, of which I got an offer for :smile:
Reply 16
Not gonna lie, I'm way too nervous about UCL. Applied to Bath (offer), Manchester (offer), QMUL (offer) and I'm waiting on Kings and UCL now. Applied with AAA, but I think I'm in over my head with UCL. Best of luck to everyone!
For those that got a rejection, can I ask, what was the reason given for your rejection?
well done on an AAB offer from Durham that's amazing! Which uni do you think you will pool?

Thanks so much! I got an offer from UCL yesterday which I'm so pleased about. Still waiting on LSE but if not, I'll firm UCL and insure Durham :smile: how about you?
Original post by highlighters0312
Thanks so much! I got an offer from UCL yesterday which I'm so pleased about. Still waiting on LSE but if not, I'll firm UCL and insure Durham :smile: how about you?

Congrats on your UCL offer! If you do not mind me asking, when did you apply? Are you an international student? and what are your predicted grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending