The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Pharmacy 2023

Hi I just wanted to find out if anyone's done their interview for MPharm at King's.
Any advice about the interview since it's my first one :smile:
I applied for medicine and put pharmacy as a fifth.
My personal statement only spoke about medicine, so anything to worry about the interview!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi I just wanted to find out if anyone's done their interview for MPharm at King's.
My personal statement only spoke about medicine, so anything to worry about the interview!

hey, I am in the exact same position as you! what med offers do u have? :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

It was pretty relaxed- the basic pharmacy questions they'd ask you in any pharmacy interview, any experiences/skills you have gained, very basic maths, also an ethic/scenario question which you have to think about.
Hey there, I did the same thing. When did you get your invitation to interview. Would you mind saying your A Level's and predicted grades.
Reply 4

Hi, I also applied to pharmacy as a 5th option- main courses being dentistry- and my whole ps is all about dentistry. Do you think it would be bad to mention dentistry in my interview for pharmacy or not mention it at all
Hi
Do they ask academic question about chemistry and biology A level ?

Original post by School Life
It was pretty relaxed- the basic pharmacy questions they'd ask you in any pharmacy interview, any experiences/skills you have gained, very basic maths, also an ethic/scenario question which you have to think about.
hey, I am in the exact same position as you! what med offers do u have? :smile:

The only one I have left is King’s EMPD, the others I didn’t get an offer.
My interview went horrible I was just too nervous so it just messed up my interview.
I don’t think I’ll get any offers at all.
Does anyone know what I could do? 😭😭
Original post by School Life

Hey, by any chance do you remember the questions they asked?
Hey, by any chance do you remember the questions they asked?

So I cannot talk about the questions due to the agreement I signed, but what I said in my post above basically covered everything within the interview (and is also said in KCL's website page- there's no surprises that come up, what they test you on is said on their webpage...)
When do u think offers will start to come out haha? I’ve done my interview for KCL Mpharm but got rejected from UCL Mpharm today so a bit worried for KCL
Original post by hanahannah
When do u think offers will start to come out haha? I’ve done my interview for KCL Mpharm but got rejected from UCL Mpharm today so a bit worried for KCL

I think it may be a while because they are still giving out interviews. Good luck for KCL Mpharm though.

When did you get your interview at KCL by the way?
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank u so much!
I got the actual message saying I have an interview like late jan/ early feb and had the interview 22nd Feb
Thank u so much!
I got the actual message saying I have an interview like late jan/ early feb and had the interview 22nd Feb

If you don't mind me asking what are your predicted and when did you apply?A bit worried i applied with AAB and i feel like UCL and KCL are only accepting AAA and above right now.
My predicted grades were A*A*A* and an A in AS further maths but tbh AAB should be fine cuz that’s the usual offer. And I applied in October to meet the medicine deadline even tho I don’t even want to do medicine anymore. I rly hope it all goes okay tho!
My predicted grades were A*A*A* and an A in AS further maths but tbh AAB should be fine cuz that’s the usual offer. And I applied in October to meet the medicine deadline even tho I don’t even want to do medicine anymore. I rly hope it all goes okay tho!

Woww your predicted grades are amazing 😁
If you don’t mind me asking what do you take for your A-Levels?
Awww Tysm!! I take chem bio and maths as a levels and further maths as AS I’m also doing EPQ but it’s completely pointless if I’m honest it hasn’t helped at all and is never considered
Hey, I have predicted grades of A*AA, but I applied with a medicine personal statement. Is there a chance of interview?
Original post by stressstu23
Hey, I have predicted grades of A*AA, but I applied with a medicine personal statement. Is there a chance of interview?

I think so everyone in my school who has an interview so far has a med ps
Reply 18
Original post by stressstu23

I applied for dent- no info about pharmacy at all in my ps and i got pharm interview. my friend who applied for med also got one, so yes defo a chance
Has anyone done an interview for pharmacy that is med/dent applicant. Do u have to revise for this interview or is it easy

Quick Reply

Latest