The Student Room Group

Any point in a dissertation EPQ for Maths (top unis)?

I was planning on a Maths-based Artefact EPQ, but our college doesn't let us do them. Would it be possible to do a Dissertation EPQ on Maths, or is it not worth it if you want to really learn some new and look good on your PS? May be a stupid question, thanks.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Top unis won't care which you did for your EPQ directly, they just want to see you have engaged with mathematics beyond the normal curriculum. Whatever approach you take would be fine - you could also just as well achieve this outside of the formal structure of doing an EPQ through e.g. wider reading etc.

If you're just doing the EPQ for "personal statement fodder" I'd suggest just dropping it as it's not really worth it for that and you won't get much out of it. If you have a personal interest you want to explore which the EPQ is a good structured way to do so in, go for it - don't do it because you think it's just "an extra qualification" to do.
Original post by artful_lounger
Top unis won't care which you did for your EPQ directly, they just want to see you have engaged with mathematics beyond the normal curriculum. Whatever approach you take would be fine - you could also just as well achieve this outside of the formal structure of doing an EPQ through e.g. wider reading etc.

If you're just doing the EPQ for "personal statement fodder" I'd suggest just dropping it as it's not really worth it for that and you won't get much out of it. If you have a personal interest you want to explore which the EPQ is a good structured way to do so in, go for it - don't do it because you think it's just "an extra qualification" to do.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending