The Student Room Group

Which subject should I drop?

I have just started year 12 and am taking English, Maths, Philosophy and Drama, and a fashion design Artefact EPQ, but it's wayyy too much work and I can't really keep it up. I'm hoping to do English or Philosophy and Linguistics (and maybe Anthropology I'm really indecisive), and hopefully at Oxford but definitely a top uni. Which subject do you think I should drop?
Reply 1
Original post by biscitTin
I have just started year 12 and am taking English, Maths, Philosophy and Drama, and a fashion design Artefact EPQ, but it's wayyy too much work and I can't really keep it up. I'm hoping to do English or Philosophy and Linguistics (and maybe Anthropology I'm really indecisive), and hopefully at Oxford but definitely a top uni. Which subject do you think I should drop?

Hmm... I honestly can't say, but if you're going to take English, Philosophy and Linguistics as a Uni course, maybe ponder about dropping Drama or if you think the fashion design artefact EPQ is too much maybe also switch to a dissertation. If you want to continue these subjects, think about spreading the workload equally.
For example, I do Maths, Biology and Chemistry and am self-teaching Computer science in Yr 12, and my EPQ is creating a website artefact. I give maybe 2/3 hours every week per subject, expect for Computer science which is half an hour to forty-five minutes a day, so in total study for 16 hours a week, which is around 2.5 hours per day on average, but in reality, is 1.5 hour a day on weekdays, and 3.5 hours a day on weekends.
Edit: This is excluding homework and is just self-study to help myself understand the topics
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by biscitTin

The most you should be be doing is three A levels plus an EPQ. You could consider dropping drama or maths (unless you want to apply for maths and philosophy at Oxford). You interest in drama could be picked up as an extra curricular when you have time.

Quick Reply

Latest