The Student Room Group

Engaa weighting

How much does Cambridge, specifically Queens, place on the ENGAA scores as I scored badly (2.4, 4.9, 2.0) but have gotten an interview. Is there much chance of an offer with that score if I interview well

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
How much does Cambridge, specifically Queens, place on the ENGAA scores as I scored badly (2.4, 4.9, 2.0) but have gotten an interview. Is there much chance of an offer with that score if I interview well

Wow...your scores are below average, so your UCAS Personal Statement must have impressed the admissions tutor(s) and your predicted grades must be 3A stars surely?

Just practice answering the questions at the interviews by thinking aloud as you work through the questions and never remain silent.

I also applied to queens and screwed up the engaa and somehow got an interview so dont get discouraged, apparently they didnt put much weight on the engaa or everyone underperformed
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
I also applied to queens and screwed up the engaa and somehow got an interview so dont get discouraged, apparently they didnt put much weight on the engaa or everyone underperformed

Good luck! How's preparing for it going for you
ive heard that engaa isnt used as much to determine interview invites, but used after in consideration with interview scores to determine the final outcome. im hoping that the interview weighs more than engaa ☹️ i also didn't do amazingly i got roughly 4.0,4.0,7.0 which is okay but i've been used to getting mostly 7.0+. not sure whether it's salvageable or not, but i'm planning on trying my hardest. idek what happened tbh lol
When is your interview at Queens' and who do you have?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #4
When is your interview at Queens' and who do you have?

Can't remember who I've got but it's on the 8th
Can't remember who I've got but it's on the 8th

I have mine on the 7th
How about others who applied to queens - how did your engaa go? What average of the three score did u get?
and how was your interview (queens applicants)?
Reply 10
Pretty good actually, felt like I got on well with my interviewer and was able to get most of the questions with minimal hints. How did yours go
yeah, the questions were rather easy, although under pressure I made numerous little mistakes. I have a low engaa so i think the interview went fine but not good enough to make up for the engaa. Did you choose to present some engineerinb project at the beginning?
if yes, what did you present?
Reply 13
I talked about an EDT gold project I'd mentioned in my personal statement. I made a couple slip ups but nothing too bad, and quite quickly sorted them when given a little hint. I did blank on right angled trig though 😭
Omg i also stumbled on right angl trig, im assuming on the same question as we applied to the same college.
How many questions were you asked? I mean like math/physics problems
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous #5
Omg i also stumbled on right angl trig, im assuming on the same question as we applied to the same college.

How did you find the other 2 questions? I'm hoping they put the trig down to interview nerves more than anything else
i personally found them harder than the first one because I didnt always understand what they were asking me, but conceptually i think they were pretty similar. what about you?
Reply 18
The second one felt pretty easy up until the last part where he asked for the magnitude of the acceleration upwards but after he drew a diagram I got it. We did about half of the 3rd and it didn't seem to bad but he had to prompt me on one of the equations he was asking for. Overall I'm pretty happy with it but im terrified for the 26th of Jan because of my ENGAA 😭
The second one felt pretty easy up until the last part where he asked for the magnitude of the acceleration upwards but after he drew a diagram I got it. We did about half of the 3rd and it didn't seem to bad but he had to prompt me on one of the equations he was asking for. Overall I'm pretty happy with it but im terrified for the 26th of Jan because of my ENGAA 😭

For me it was easy but i made so many stupid mistakes (so didnt go too well), we managed to finish all in time but i didnt understand exactly always what I was asked so not too confident about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending