The Student Room Group

having resources near you during Cambridge online interview?

I have an interview for English at Cambridge, and I just attended an online workshop on Oxford interviews since the processes are quite similar and I thought it'd be helpful. in the workshop, they said you can have your personal statement near you and you can refer to it at any point. obviously Cambridge and Oxford are different, so I was wondering about Cambridge's stance on this? didn't realise Oxford allowed you to have any resources nearby during the interview?
Original post by kaxxxxc2
I have an interview for English at Cambridge, and I just attended an online workshop on Oxford interviews since the processes are quite similar and I thought it'd be helpful. in the workshop, they said you can have your personal statement near you and you can refer to it at any point. obviously Cambridge and Oxford are different, so I was wondering about Cambridge's stance on this? didn't realise Oxford allowed you to have any resources nearby during the interview?

It's possible that different colleges have different views on this, but on the Downing College interview prep webinar on Thursday, this came up in the question and answer section at the end. The response was that it's perfectly fine to have a copy of your personal statement and any work you've submitted to the college in front of you during the interview. Blank paper for making notes was also recommended.

The admissions tutor implied that having other reference material near you was fine too, but that wasn't terribly clear. (For English, I'm not sure what reference material would be useful anyway.)
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
It's possible that different colleges have different views on this, but on the Downing College interview prep webinar on Thursday, this came up in the question and answer section at the end. The response was that it's perfectly fine to have a copy of your personal statement and any work you've submitted to the college in front of you during the interview. Blank paper for making notes was also recommended.

The admissions tutor implied that having other reference material near you was fine too, but that wasn't terribly clear. (For English, I'm not sure what reference material would be useful anyway.)

thanks so much!! really helpful x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending