The Student Room Group

night time pasta mission

i am in quite a quandry. i'm awfully hungry as i have not had dinner. all i have in my uni kitchen is gnocchi and sauce. but there is a group having a knees up in the kitchen and i'm not planning to awkwardly shuffle in among them and cook pasta. how late at night is it acceptable to cook pasta in uni halls?
What is a "knees up"?

Anyway it's your life. Cook pasta whenever you want.

It's your kitchen too.
Reply 2
Just say authentic pasta doesn't rest. It's 1:52 in Italy at the moment. I'd expect the Italians are already waking up. Just cook like it's normal and once you wake up say the pasta is authentic as it's cooked in Italian time zones. They'll understand.
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
What is a "knees up"?

Anyway it's your life. Cook pasta whenever you want.

It's your kitchen too.

tis a party
and it is my life
i made the pasta goddamit and its delicious
ik its my kitchen too, but its not really done to interupt someone's get together to cook dinner for 1
Reply 4
Original post by Saidist
Just say authentic pasta doesn't rest. It's 1:52 in Italy at the moment. I'd expect the Italians are already waking up. Just cook like it's normal and once you wake up say the pasta is authentic as it's cooked in Italian time zones. They'll understand.

mm yes. i think next term i'll bring my ravioli cutter and giant pasta drying racks too

Quick Reply

Latest