The Student Room Group

MyTutor is anti-Palestinian?

I've been trying to sign up for a while and have repeatedly asked for Palestine to be added as my nationality. They've repeated that they will add it but have just ignored me again. There is also talk of their founder being a zionist so Im wondering if I should just avoid chasing them again.
When you say "there is also talk", where is that talk and is it just rumours and hearsay? Dragging their heels on doing some admin may not mean anything is amiss.
Original post by jornkrish
I've been trying to sign up for a while and have repeatedly asked for Palestine to be added as my nationality. They've repeated that they will add it but have just ignored me again. There is also talk of their founder being a zionist so Im wondering if I should just avoid chasing them again.

Why would your tutor even be responsible for doing this. Wouldn’t this be student services or whatever department your institution uses to manage direct student administration.
Reply 3
Original post by mnot
Why would your tutor even be responsible for doing this. Wouldn’t this be student services or whatever department your institution uses to manage direct student administration.

MyTutor is a website where people hawk out tutoring skills.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
When you say "there is also talk", where is that talk and is it just rumours and hearsay? Dragging their heels on doing some admin may not mean anything is amiss.

On linkedin, the founder has liked posts in favour of Israel's bombardment of Gaza. Update now that I've created one and checked myself, the posts also describe the Palestinian flag as a 'terrorist flag'. He connects with a lot of tutors on the platform too. It's no wonder they won't add Palestine to the droplist when their founder is supporting the genocide.
Original post by jornkrish
On linkedin, the founder has liked posts in favour of Israel's bombardment of Gaza. Update now that I've created one and checked myself, the posts also describe the Palestinian flag as a 'terrorist flag'. He connects with a lot of tutors on the platform too. It's no wonder they won't add Palestine to the droplist when their founder is supporting the genocide.

One to give a miss then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending