The Student Room Group

Student Finance England - system error

Good afternoon,

Can someone advise from their previous experience how long can take for a system error to be resolved. I am aware there is no time scale for this kind of errors and require the intervention of more than one team to investigate and fix.

I am just asking if any of you had this situation before, how long did it took to be sorted.

Thanks 😊
When are you experiencing the error?
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
When are you experiencing the error?

Hi Normaw,

The error was discovered on the 17th of November and apparently they are fixing it since.

Thanks 😊
Original post by Anca.S
Good afternoon,

Can someone advise from their previous experience how long can take for a system error to be resolved. I am aware there is no time scale for this kind of errors and require the intervention of more than one team to investigate and fix.

I am just asking if any of you had this situation before, how long did it took to be sorted.

Thanks 😊

Hi there,

I'm sorry that this has happened. I can't give you a time frame but if you're struggling financially as a result, your university should be able to give you advice and support.

Best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Reply 4
Original post by Anca.S
Good afternoon,

Thanks 😊

Hey, I’m in the same position as you.
Student Finance told me there’s a system error regarding information about my carer.
They couldn’t give me a time frame either which is super annoying!
Has anyone heard any updates from them yet?
Reply 5
Original post by Livmoniece
Hey, I’m in the same position as you.
Student Finance told me there’s a system error regarding information about my carer.
They couldn’t give me a time frame either which is super annoying!
Has anyone heard any updates from them yet?

Hi,

After one month, I received yesterday an email explaining for the first time, that they have used the incorrect household income to calculate my entitlement. Apparently the error is currently being fixed and it will be ready by tomorrow.

In all honesty, after all I've been through not sure if I can believe it. I will let you know as soon as it gets resolved. Although please note this is only my experience as I understood is different depending on personal circumstances.

Hope yours will get sorted soon as I know how it feels. 🤞

Regards,
Anca
Hi, so most people I know have received a confirmation email saying that there student finance will be paid on the 2nd of January but I haven’t received an email, I logged into my account and I don’t have any actions to complete, has anyone else not received an email?
Original post by Samir sayer
Hi, so most people I know have received a confirmation email saying that there student finance will be paid on the 2nd of January but I haven’t received an email, I logged into my account and I don’t have any actions to complete, has anyone else not received an email?

What does it say on your account regarding your payment schedule?
Original post by normaw
What does it say on your account regarding your payment schedule?

It says that there is nothing else I need to do and the payment will be released on the 2nd of January but I haven’t received a confirmation email that confirms that but most people i know I have
Reply 9
Original post by Anca.S
Hi,

After one month, I received yesterday an email explaining for the first time, that they have used the incorrect household income to calculate my entitlement. Apparently the error is currently being fixed and it will be ready by tomorrow.

In all honesty, after all I've been through not sure if I can believe it. I will let you know as soon as it gets resolved. Although please note this is only my experience as I understood is different depending on personal circumstances.

Hope yours will get sorted soon as I know how it feels. 🤞

Regards,
Anca

Did it get fixed in time?im experiencing the same issue🤭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending