The Student Room Group

Eligibility to apply through SFE for post-grad loan

I am an Irish born (in ROI) citizen in 1999, I also have a U.K passport.

My family moved to and around the U.K from 2003/4 and I have indefinite leave to remain/settled status etc.

I applied through Student Finance N.I for my undergrad, because I was living there up until then so was eligible for SFNI.

I have been living in England since Sep 2020, not only for study but I normally live in England outside of term (aside from short hiday visits home to see family).

I'm wondering about my eligibility to apply through Student Finance England for a post-graduate loan as my circumstances have changed.

I currently have an account through SFni and understand you can only have one Student finance 'account'.

I can understand if I'm automatically only entitled to postgrad through that system because of my undergraduate student finance being done through it but if I'm eligible and able to, I am wondering if I can apply through Student Finance England?

If anyone can advise, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much, take care!
Original post by Abbi776
I am an Irish born (in ROI) citizen in 1999, I also have a U.K passport.

My family moved to and around the U.K from 2003/4 and I have indefinite leave to remain/settled status etc.

I applied through Student Finance N.I for my undergrad, because I was living there up until then so was eligible for SFNI.

I have been living in England since Sep 2020, not only for study but I normally live in England outside of term (aside from short hiday visits home to see family).

I'm wondering about my eligibility to apply through Student Finance England for a post-graduate loan as my circumstances have changed.

I currently have an account through SFni and understand you can only have one Student finance 'account'.

I can understand if I'm automatically only entitled to postgrad through that system because of my undergraduate student finance being done through it but if I'm eligible and able to, I am wondering if I can apply through Student Finance England?

If anyone can advise, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much, take care!

Hi Abbi,

If you have been living in England and it is not due to the purpose of study then you would apply to Student Finance England for your funding. When did your undergraduate course end and when would your postgraduate course start?

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending