The Student Room Group

Contextual admissions to universities 2024

hi everyone, this year i secured A*AB at A levels and am applying to UCL, KCL, and LSE with the prospect of having my application being looked at contextually.

I have confirmed with UCL that I do qualify with their contextual scheme. Kings and LSE however, have not been as clear on their website or over the phone. I have confirmed that my postcode is within the eligibility criteria for both universities, and there is also an option to fill in an extenuating circumstances form. However on the KCL website, it says I MAY be considered for a contextual offer.

I was wondering if there was any point within the admissions process, that i could communicate with the admissions team about whether I can confirm that my application would be considered contextually, as well as relay additional information that would be significant when assessing my application (Health problems, bereavement, etc.)

I am not concerned about guaranteeing an offer as that obviously is absurd, I just want to make sure that my application is considered under the contextual grade requirements, and not be immediately be rejected based off of my grades without looking at my statement, reference, admissions test performance etc.
Original post by Lunnr006.302
hi everyone, this year i secured A*AB at A levels and am applying to UCL, KCL, and LSE with the prospect of having my application being looked at contextually.

I have confirmed with UCL that I do qualify with their contextual scheme. Kings and LSE however, have not been as clear on their website or over the phone. I have confirmed that my postcode is within the eligibility criteria for both universities, and there is also an option to fill in an extenuating circumstances form. However on the KCL website, it says I MAY be considered for a contextual offer.

I was wondering if there was any point within the admissions process, that i could communicate with the admissions team about whether I can confirm that my application would be considered contextually, as well as relay additional information that would be significant when assessing my application (Health problems, bereavement, etc.)

I am not concerned about guaranteeing an offer as that obviously is absurd, I just want to make sure that my application is considered under the contextual grade requirements, and not be immediately be rejected based off of my grades without looking at my statement, reference, admissions test performance etc.

Are there criteria for Kings and LSE which you've unsure whether you meet? And do they state how many you need to meet to be eligible?
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Are there criteria for Kings and LSE which you've unsure whether you meet? And do they state how many you need to meet to be eligible?

They state that if you meet any of them, you may be eligible for a contextual offer, it was an AND/OR kind of thing.

In terms of the criteria I think I've met, my research has been thorough and I'm certain that I meet them. Since this reply I've done more research and I'm pretty sure along with my address, FSM status etc, there's also a mitigating circumstances form that I can fill in to add extra weight to my application. Hopefully at least

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending