The Student Room Group

Uni

I want to know how can I get to medicine if I’m doing health and social care level 3
You can’t . Maybe do med grad 🙂
Original post by Danaaaaaaaa
I want to know how can I get to medicine if I’m doing health and social care level 3

IDK if this relates to a health care level 3 btec but heres some things you can look into
You would have to do research for more but a couple of foundation years allow people doing btecs i think would also need to be from a WP background

MBBS Medicine with a Gateway Year 2024/25 | UEA (need extended diploma)
Medicine how to apply - Keele University (A104)- HEALTHCARE FOUNDATION ROUTE
Medical, Dental, Veterinary Options For BTEC Students Medic Mentors - INFORMATION SITE
medschools.ac.uk/media/3060/uk-medical-school-entry-requirements-2024-entry.pdf - Go through every school on this site and look to see requirements and if they offer a path for people with btecs

-cOULD ALSO LOOK AT STUDYING MEDICINE ABROAD
Original post by Danaaaaaaaa

Hi @Danaaaaaaaa,

I understand that you are considering your options for pursuing a degree in Medicine through the Health and Social Care Level 3 program, and I wanted to share some insights that might help inform your decision.

I think something that might be of interest to you is contextual admissions programme offered by the University of East Anglia, ensuring that students from diverse backgrounds have the right access to education. You can check out the eligibility criteria and various entry options here:https://www.uea.ac.uk/apply/undergraduate/contextual-admissions.

For any specific queries regarding admissions or program details, I recommend reaching out to the admissions team through live chat: https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/enquiries/live-chat. They are super responsive and can provide tailored information based on your specific needs.

Moreover, the university offers excellent career support services through CareerCentral, and its connections with alumni provide networking opportunities that can be beneficial in your medical career.

Feel free to explore more about UEA and connect with current students and academics here https://www.uea.ac.uk/ask-us.

As a PhD student in Reproductive Medicine at the University of East Anglia, I have found the university to be a hub of academic excellence and an outstanding environment for research and professional development. UEA is particularly well-known for its outstanding Medical School and its strong connections with the Norwich and Norfolk Hospital. Most medical students undertake their placements at the hospital and have their lecturers deliver by world leaders in their clinical field.

If you have any questions about UEA or would like to discuss your options further, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'm more than happy to share my experiences.

Wishing you all the best,

Best regards,
Daniel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending