The Student Room Group

Manchester Economics?

Hi

I hold an offer for Manchester Economics (BSc), While I am not opposed to Manchester I would like to go to Bristol where the offer is A*AA (I achieved AAA). As I am eligible for a contextual I meet the requirments for 2024 entry however as AAA isn't very strong A-Levels for Economics as so competitive... Is it worth trying to get into Bristol Economics courses on my gap year and risk leaving with 0 offers (incl Manchester) and have to find a course I don't like through clearing, or take Manchester's current offer and forget about Bristol? I think that Bristol is better than Manchester for Economics (esp. as it has higher grade requirements).

Thank you
Check if the contextual eligibility stays the same for 2024 admissions (it should be up to date now anyway). If you meet the criteria and the rest of your application is good to go then you shouldnt need to worry about anything. I had a contextual offer for Bristol for Econ too at AAB so youll be fine with the AAA. Since you've already got your grades, you'll be asked to input your grades on UCAS so all the unis you apply to will see this. If Manchesters entry requirements are AAA or lower, you can add that in - you can apply for 5 unis remember

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending