The Student Room Group

Do you have an advent calendar?

Hello TSR! :hello:
It's getting festive and I was wondering, do you have an advent calendar this year? :xmas:
Are you consuming chocolates or have you got something else behind the doors? :xmasgrin:
Let me know whether you are counting down the days with an advent calendar this year! :woo:

Christmas can be a difficult time for many people. If you need support- you are not alone- please reach out.
The following organisations may be able to help you:
www.samaritans.org
www.papyrus-uk.org
www.mind.org.uk
www.youngminds.org.uk
(edited 4 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

I haven't got a food-based one but a friend in Germany sent me a Christmas card, where the picture has 24 little doors I can open,and there's a Christmas pic behind each one :h:

Ngl, I wouldn't mind having a chocolate one, but I'm not good at eating just one bit at a time. I'd eat it all in one day :colondollar:
Reply 2
The Mrs got me a Brewdog thing.
Reply 3
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I haven't got a food-based one but a friend in Germany sent me a Christmas card, where the picture has 24 little doors I can open,and there's a Christmas pic behind each one :h:

Ngl, I wouldn't mind having a chocolate one, but I'm not good at eating just one bit at a time. I'd eat it all in one day :colondollar:

That's lovely! We used to have a traditional card one with different nativity images in my family. One of us would be chosen to open the door each day, it was a big deal :tongue:

I've got a Malteser one this year - yum :drool:
Original post by gjd800
The Mrs got me a Brewdog thing.

Do you have a different ale in each door? :beard: sounds cool!
Absolutely not :mad: such rubbish! There isn't even a chocolate for the 25th :noway: Nonsense :talkhand:
:yep:
Yes, lots of them.

This year is my best ever for collecting advent calenders. :cool:
I've got boozy advent calenders with miniature spirits, chilli powder advent calenders, chocolate advent calanders and sweets advent calenders.
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst
:yep:
Yes, lots of them.

This year is my best ever for collecting advent calenders. :cool:
I've got boozy advent calenders with miniature spirits, chilli powder advent calenders, chocolate advent calanders and sweets advent calenders.

Wow that's incredible! Love the sound of these :gah:
Do you open them all at the same time each day or split it up?
Reply 7
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
That's lovely! We used to have a traditional card one with different nativity images in my family. One of us would be chosen to open the door each day, it was a big deal :tongue:

I've got a Malteser one this year - yum :drool:

Do you have a different ale in each door? :beard: sounds cool!

Yeah, it's pretty good!
I bought myself a Dairy Milk one and then my parents posted a Milkybar one too, so I have milk and white chocolate of a morning :lol:
I don't like chocolate much or anything too sweet really :colondollar: I did consider a cheese advent calendar but wasn't sure if I'd end up sick of cheese by the end!
Wow that's incredible! Love the sound of these :gah:
Do you open them all at the same time each day or split it up?

I usually split them up.
Have some in the early morning and some in the evening.
Reply 11
Original post by Saracen's Fez
I bought myself a Dairy Milk one and then my parents posted a Milkybar one too, so I have milk and white chocolate of a morning :lol:

Wow that's awesome! :yay:
Original post by CamembertPaws
I don't like chocolate much or anything too sweet really :colondollar: I did consider a cheese advent calendar but wasn't sure if I'd end up sick of cheese by the end!

Aw :colondollar: I've seen some really cool tea calendars from Bird + Blend if that's your thing!
Original post by londonmyst
I usually split them up.
Have some in the early morning and some in the evening.

Very nice :yep: yum yum
I've got a Lindt one! :love:

1st December I got a tiny chocolate reindeer (like the ones you get at easter but reindeer obvs) :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by Chronoscope

1st December I got a tiny chocolate reindeer (like the ones you get at easter but reindeer obvs) :biggrin:

:love:
I've always wanted a lindt one and I saw them on offer in Sainsbury's for £3.50 so I got one.

It's nice :smile: not sure it's worth the full £7 though
Original post by Chronoscope

Same I have a lindt one and my sister has a cadbury one
Hello TSR! :hello:
It's getting festive and I was wondering, do you have an advent calendar this year? :xmas:

(...)

I have always had an advent calendar in December. Always for 38 years by now!
Reply 17
Original post by Kallisto

I have always had an advent calendar in December. Always for 38 years by now!

Amazing! :gah: which one do you have this year?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

me too.
Amazing! :gah: which one do you have this year?

Almost the same as every year: a calendar with pieces of chocolate. And another one with sweets.

Quick Reply

Latest