The Student Room Group

Time-Management. How to be productive?

How do you have time to do all your homework? I really don't know how to do it and I am constantly putting off tasks for later. And I'm in my third year of university. Any advice?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by nichechka
How do you have time to do all your homework? I really don't know how to do it and I am constantly putting off tasks for later. And I'm in my third year of school. Any advice?

Hi!
I also struggle with time management and always putting tasks off until the last minute so I definitely relate to you. Something I have found helpful is allocating 3 small ish tasks per day. For example, one day my tasks might be: spend 30 minutes studying flashcards, do laundry and write 200 words for an essay. This way I don't become overwhelmed and can manage to get tasks done as I haven't given myself any time restrictions (i.e. I can do these tasks at any point throughout the day) and haven't overloaded my to do list.

Hope this helps! Faye :smile:
Reply 2
To manage homework efficiently, try these tips:

Prioritize Tasks: Identify the most important assignments and tackle them first.

Set Goals: Break tasks into smaller goals to make them more manageable.

Create a Schedule: Set specific study times to stay organized.

Eliminate Distractions: Find a quiet space and limit interruptions.

Use Time Management Techniques: Techniques like the Pomodoro Technique can help you focus.

Seek Help: Don't hesitate to ask for help from teachers or peers when needed.

Stay Motivated: Reward yourself after completing tasks to stay motivated.

Avoid Perfectionism
Original post by nichechka
How do you have time to do all your homework? I really don't know how to do it and I am constantly putting off tasks for later. And I'm in my third year of university. Any advice?

Hi,

Procrastination affects every one of us at times :s-smilie: If that is a result of the exhaustion due to the third year of study, allow yourself a moment of break. Take a day or two to yourself alone. Fully relax, do something pleasurable and get some sleep.

If this is a general problem, I have a few proven tricks that make me work at full speed seven days a week and effectively manage my student, professional and personal responsibilities.

1. Take a piece of paper and set your goals for the academic year. Just writing them down stimulates an attitude to action.

2. Buy yourself a paper or electronic calendar and plan your time conscientiously from today. I fill in my calendar every week and check it every day to not miss anything and get satisfaction from checking off the completed tasks. Additionally, by having a calendar and planning ahead, I give myself enough time not to miss any deadlines.

3. When you start acting, eliminate all distractors from your field of view. The time in the calendar allocated for learning is the time for learning. If you focus as much as possible, you will also achieve maximum efficiency. Reward yourself for such small successes.

4. Start with the hardest tasks. The more you do, the less you want to. So leave these simple things for last.

I hope you will find that helpful! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions :wink: You can also chat with me and other student ambassadors through The Ambassador Platform.

Wish you all the best!

Julia :h:
Psychology student
De Montfort University
Reply 4
Not a uni student at all, but I used to procrastinate so much, now I actually get work done. I got myself a to do list planner and it has helped so much because I feel the great satisfaction when I finally tick everything off my list.
This is the one I have. I know it is out of stock but you may be able to find something similar:
https://flyingtiger.com/en-gb/products/planner-board-with-marker-3049679?mdApp_countryCodeDomain=GB

Hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending