The Student Room Group

calendars

whats the best calendars for day management and organisation
Original post by unaveragestudent
whats the best calendars for day management and organisation

Hi @unaveragestudent ,

This is very different from person to person.

I would say try different things to see what works for you. Here are some things you can try:

Diary (This is my personal favourite! I write everything in here and plan my week every Sunday using my diary to make sure I see the bigger picture each week and know what is happening)

Calendar on the wall

Apps on phone to help with reminders and to plan your day/week

Using your phone notes

Using a whiteboard

Using a spreadsheet

Online or paper to do lists

It also depends on your style/preference for organisation and lifestyle ie do you prefer planning you time or tasks week by week or day to day or even month by month?

It could be that you use several of these or none of them!

Have you tried any of the ones mentioned or other ways of organising. If so, which ones worked for you/didnt work? You may also want to reflect and think about what worked/what did not and why to see which style to try next till you get the one you like!

I hope this helps and gives you an idea of where to begin.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
At the start of the year i used a diary and it was good until my mocks came around, and during that time i neglected it and now im starting to use it again. I use to do lists , both online and offline , to track my thoughts but then i notice that i never really get back to them. Now im starting to experiment with online calendars , google ,cron ect
Original post by unaveragestudent
At the start of the year i used a diary and it was good until my mocks came around, and during that time i neglected it and now im starting to use it again. I use to do lists , both online and offline , to track my thoughts but then i notice that i never really get back to them. Now im starting to experiment with online calendars , google ,cron ect

Hi @unaveragestudent ,

That sounds like you’ve tried and tested things out. Online calendars are helpful as they sometimes have a default setting to send you a reminder for things so it’s like 2 in 1!

I would like to emphasise sticking to one or two methods at a time so it makes it easier for yourself.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending