The Student Room Group

The master heist

So I'm half thinking of applying for my masters, receiving the loan, then not actually pay the university and keep the money for myself. Questions I have is 1. Will I get the loan in instalments or the full thing in one payment? 2. What would be the repercussions of doing this?
*facepalm*
Original post by anonlloll
So I'm half thinking of applying for my masters, receiving the loan, then not actually pay the university and keep the money for myself. Questions I have is 1. Will I get the loan in instalments or the full thing in one payment? 2. What would be the repercussions of doing this?

Hi there,

For Postgraduate applications the payments are made directly to you (and not to the university). You would then use this money to pay any fees for studying the Postgraduate course. If the university are charging fees to study the course and these are not paid it's likely they would withdraw you from the course and may request fees directly from you that you would be liable for. I would advise checking directly with them regarding this and to query any other funding you may be eligible for towards paying the fees. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending