The Student Room Group

Do you have a comfort film?

Do you have a film you always go back to that makes you feel comfy, or helps you if you're ill?

What are some of your go-to comfort films?

Scroll to see replies

The Sound of Music is my ultimate comfort/pick-me-up film :gah: Though I also use The History Boys for catharsis/processing/comfort at times :yep:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
The Sound of Music is my ultimate comfort/pick-me-up film :gah: Though I also use The History Boys for catharsis/processing/comfort at times :yep:

I know what you mean about The Sound of Music. Julie Andrews has a lovely voice 😁
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by CCCU Official
I know wat you mean about The Sound of Music. Julie Andrews has a lovely voice 😁

She does indeed! :moon: Plus it's just so so cute and wholesome :h:
Reply 4
Not really. I generally can't rewatch films if I remember substantial parts of them, it spoils them for me.

I suppose I've seen Tombstone many times, so maybe that's the closest thing.
Miracle On 34TH Street (1994) and The Swan Princess.
Original post by gjd800
Not really. I generally can't rewatch films if I remember substantial parts of them, it spoils them for me.

I suppose I've seen Tombstone many times, so maybe that's the closest thing.

I agree. I don't like to rewatch either and want to see something new.
Original post by Kutie Karen
I agree. I don't like to rewatch either and want to see something new.

I'm the complete opposite, I really struggle to get into the zone to watch something new and instead end up watching older films on repeat!

LT
Saw 6
Original post by londonmyst
Miracle On 34TH Street (1994) and The Swan Princess.

A classic for this time of the year but it does bring about the question, when does it become acceptable to watch Christmas films...
When I was a kid going through anxiety, I watched Austin Powers: Goldmember on repeat. The Big Lebowski is the closest I have to a comfort film these days, I just love the film's irreverence, silliness and the many quotable lines and ridiculous moments.
The 2004 version of Pride & Prejudice and the first Scary Movie film
Do you have a film you always go back to that makes you feel comfy, or helps you if you're ill?

At christmas or in general? during christmas I like to see anti-christmas films like Bad Santa, that made my day! :yes:

Knives out, the 2017 Jumanji or any studio ghibli film
Original post by Jam12345
Knives out, the 2017 Jumanji or any studio ghibli film

You know, I just watched Knives Out for the first time 2 days ago! Really great! Very clever writing devices and really fun performances by all the actors. You can tell Daniel Craig was having the time of his life in that role!

Matilda
Reply 16
Yeah, mostly 80s & 90s classics that I grew up with such as; Hard Boiled, Gremlins, Léon, Mad Max, The Matrix, Predator, RoboCop, Terminator 1 & 2.
The Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia films :love:

Howls moving castle :3
Original post by Chronoscope
The Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia films :love:

Harry Potter movie marathons are just a must!! Narnia films have been on my watch list for ages as it's been years since I last watched them (couldn't even tell you what happens!) so hopefully they are as good as I kinda remember! 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest