The Student Room Group

EPQ last-minute questions

M'kay, 3 questions:

1) I have to be honest: I've done poorly on my EPQ and I probably will fail considering I had to do majority of the writing in literally the last week before submiting. I wanted to give up earlier on but I didn't since I thought I could do it. Turns out not and I now wish I just gave up. Now I pretty much don't give a flip about what grade I get anymore; but should I? I mean, it's just an EPQ and nothing major like my actual A-Level courses. Should I care and try do my absolute best in the little time I have or can I give up, just do a bare minimum and submit it like that.

2) If I should care, is 1000-3000 words acceptable for a dissertation without an artefact? I've so far written 1143 words and I plan to atleast attain the range I stated above since I don't think I'd be able to reach 5000 words.

3) If I don't care and get a bad grade, will universities put me down considering it? I have to take into consideration that it would look very bad on my UCAS application. I want to do Astronomy at uni which I'm pretty sure might involve dissertation writing but wouldn't the bad grade put them off since they'd probably think that I lack this essential skill?

Thanks.
(edited 4 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by nyanomii•にゃのみい
m'kay, 3 questions:
1) i have to be honest: I've done poorly on my epq and i probably will fail considering i had to do majority of the writing in literally the last week before submiting. I wanted to give up earlier on but i didn't since i thought i could do it. Turns out not and i now wish i just gave up. Now i pretty much don't give a flip about what grade i get anymore; but should i? I mean, it's just an epq and nothing major like my actual a-level courses. Should i care and try do my absolute best in the little time i have or can i give up, just do a bare minimum and submit it like that.
2) if i should care, is 1000-3000 words acceptable for a dissertation without an artefact? I've so far written 1143 words and i plan to atleast attain the range i stated above since i don't think i'd be able to reach 5000 words.
3) if i don't care and get a bad grade, will universities put me down considering it? I have to take into consideration that it would look very bad on my ucas application. I want to do astronomy at uni which i'm pretty sure might involve dissertation writing but wouldn't the bad grade put them off since they'd probably think that i lack this essential skill?
Thanks.
how did it go?!
Original post by zazaeliza
how did it go?!
Not as well as I hoped. But eh.

If I had chosen a topic I'm more familiar with AND actually used the summer holidays AND took the stress of my Computer Science NEA better than I did, then I would've done better.
But please don't let my experience affect yours if you're taking the EPQ. TvT

Advice:

Use the summer holidays

Don't procrastinate

Choose a topic you are familiar with. If you want to go above and beyond, like I did, please choose something you can actually comprehend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending