The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Careers Tab

I have a question about the ‘careers tab’ on the webpage for courses at St Andrews (and any other uni courses really).

It lists a bunch of sectors that previous graduates have gone on to work within (for example, within English it even lists the financial sector. For Philosophy, banking and management consultancy are listed)

Are these accurate and do they take into account joint honours?

Are all these ‘career destinations’ from people who studied only that subject, or will it really be a Maths and Philosophy student who went into banking?
Original post by tom1752
I have a question about the ‘careers tab’ on the webpage for courses at St Andrews (and any other uni courses really).

It lists a bunch of sectors that previous graduates have gone on to work within (for example, within English it even lists the financial sector. For Philosophy, banking and management consultancy are listed)

Are these accurate and do they take into account joint honours?

Are all these ‘career destinations’ from people who studied only that subject, or will it really be a Maths and Philosophy student who went into banking?

You need to ask St Andrews this directly. Each university is responsible for the accuracy and detail of the information on their website.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Yeah, it depends how loosey-goosey the unis want to be with as to whether joint progs are included in that data. They're trying to sell the course remember.

It would not surprise me that diverse degrees when into finance though. I spent a decade in the sector and can't remember meeting anyone with a relevant degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending