The Student Room Group

Share your revision advice (wrong answers only)

It is always best to revise outside, on a beach, in the costa del sol

During term time

Scroll to see replies

sleeping on your revision notes is the best way to go for me - but i also love to revise in the eiffel tower! can anyone else relate?
(edited 4 months ago)
What really works for me is having the mark scheme in front of me when I do my maths papers.

I get 100% every time.

#FoolProof
Original post by 04MR17
What really works for me is having the mark scheme in front of me when I do my maths papers.

I get 100% every time.

#FoolProof

thanks - i am going to do that next time i do practice exam papers :smile:
Cutting up your notes into tiny little squares and then eating them is the best way to absorb the knowledge
cram really hard but with such perfectionistic detail that you only cover a tiny portion right at the start of your course. but your notes look REALLY good
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Cutting up your notes into tiny little squares and then eating them is the best way to absorb the knowledge

Genius
Original post by steamedclams
cram really hard but with such perfectionistic detail that you only cover a tiny portion right at the start of your course. but your notes look REALLY good

I have so much detail on the differences between animal and plant cells it's unreal.

Got me a whole 3 marks :u:
Original post by flowersinmyhair

omg how have i never tried that?! @flowersinmyhair
Reply 9
If you really want to get ahead in Chemistry, buy some Francium to see how the reaction works! They always say learning is best by doing :h:
Reply 10
just revise the topics you find very easy and don't touch the harder topics because you wont get marks on it anyway
Intestines have a very high surface area whereas eyes only have a very small surface area, so I've found it beneficial to eat textbooks and my notes as it helps me learn the content faster.
OCR textbooks are really rather nice, but AQA can need a bit of seasoning.
Step 1: Open up a past paper
Step 2: Congratulate yourself on your revision so far. Decide a break is in order.
Step 3: Make yourself some tea and walk back to laptop.
Step 4: Forget what you were doing and play the Google Doodle Skateboard game for ten minutes.
Step 5: Become guilty that you are playing the Google Doodle Skateboard game. Open up the news instead so you can pretend you are actually learning something.
Step 6: Get distracted by a headline and search it up on Wikipedia.
Step 7: Close past paper to make room for more Wikipedia tabs. Convince yourself this is important research.

Repeat until exam day
Original post by 04MR17

I get 100% every time.

#FoolProof

Lmfao this is actually what I do, I do a Q then instantly mark it with the mark scheme 3cm from me
eating sodium and chlorine simultaneously really gave me an up close and personal insight into neutralisation reactions and titrations ^^ turns out you need 1 chonk of sodium to neutralise 1 chonk of chlorine. just make sure you eat them at the EXACT SAME TIME or else u will explode!!! hope this helps :biggrin:DD
Original post by 04MR17
It is always best to revise outside, on a beach, in the costa del sol

During term time

just totally space out the answers will come naturally
Attend Sims 4 university (all my sims get A+'s) instead of doing my own revision :redface:
(edited 3 months ago)
Highlighting the whole textbook rlly works best make sure u use all the different colours one colour per paragraph
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by ebyrne2036
Highlighting the whole textbook rlly works best make sure u use all the different colours one colour per paragraph

i love that lol :biggrin:
Original post by ebyrne2036

Absolutely, my philosophy is always that it doesn't matter how much you remember as long as your revision LOOKS fantastic. :love:

Quick Reply

Latest