The Student Room Group

Seeking Guidance for Effective Exam Revision

I am writing to seek your advice and guidance on how to best prepare for my upcoming exams in biology, chemistry, and physics. Over the past month, I've admittedly not been as attentive in class and have fallen behind on my homework. However, I am determined to make amends and ensure a successful performance in these exams.

With just three days remaining until the exams, I am eager to optimize my revision strategy and study smarter. I understand that this is a challenging task, but I am committed to putting in the effort needed to catch up and perform well.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could share any tips, techniques, or resources that you believe would be beneficial for my revision. Specifically, I am interested in learning how to focus my efforts effectively and how to make the most out of the limited time I have.

Your guidance would be invaluable to me, and I am willing to put in the hard work required to turn things around. I understand that my previous lack of focus has put me at a disadvantage, but I am determined to give my best in these exams.
Reply 1
I would recommend as many practise questions as possible. I found that aHammond biology was a good place for this as you could do this by topic if there was one you would like to fous more on. Also get support if you are struggling to understand something. There are also summary videos on YouTube which I would listen to while getting ready for school or before bed.
Original post by r0cket_man
I am writing to seek your advice and guidance on how to best prepare for my upcoming exams in biology, chemistry, and physics. Over the past month, I've admittedly not been as attentive in class and have fallen behind on my homework. However, I am determined to make amends and ensure a successful performance in these exams.

With just three days remaining until the exams, I am eager to optimize my revision strategy and study smarter. I understand that this is a challenging task, but I am committed to putting in the effort needed to catch up and perform well.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could share any tips, techniques, or resources that you believe would be beneficial for my revision. Specifically, I am interested in learning how to focus my efforts effectively and how to make the most out of the limited time I have.

Your guidance would be invaluable to me, and I am willing to put in the hard work required to turn things around. I understand that my previous lack of focus has put me at a disadvantage, but I am determined to give my best in these exams.

Hi, it's absolutely great you want to improve, that's a good starting point!
Here are my tips for science gcse:
- Watch as many freesciencelessons/cognito videos as you can (while understanding/taking notes on the key info) - pay special attention to copying down all the equations and practicals that are discussed
- Go through your specification and mentally tick off every topic as you study them
- Use your notes to start memorising as many equations and practicals as you can, as these are the ones that will always appear in your exams
- Do practice questions (you can use past papers, mme revise and pmt) - as you don't have much time, try your best to look for the 4-6 mark questions and any that you find challenging; don't forget to mark the questions you do and identify where you went wrong
- If you answered a question wrong think: maybe I don't know enough about this topic? or maybe I didn't calculate/use the right equations for this question? or is it a silly mistake? - once you identify where you went wrong, you can work back to improve that; maybe you need to watch videos/look through your revision guides or you need to look through your equations again

Lastly, don't stress a lot, it's definitely possible to turn things around as long as you work hard over the next couple of days and try your best!

Good luck for your exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest