The Student Room Group

computer science

I am going for Computer science with predicted grades AAA (Maths, Physics, Chemistry). Universities shortlisted are Loughborough, Lancaster, Surrey, Exeter and Brunel. Since I do not have Computer Science as one of my A level subject, would I get a fair chance if I choose these uni?
Original post by amulshinde
I am going for Computer science with predicted grades AAA (Maths, Physics, Chemistry). Universities shortlisted are Loughborough, Lancaster, Surrey, Exeter and Brunel. Since I do not have Computer Science as one of my A level subject, would I get a fair chance if I choose these uni?

Hi there @amulshinde,

In order to study Computer Science at the University of Exeter, you are required to take A-Level Maths. There is no requirement to take A-Level Computer Science. As your predicted grades meet the entry requirements, you should have as good a chance as anyone at receiving an offer.

Best of luck with your application! If you have any further questions, feel free to get in touch.

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Reply 2

A good chance, but like everyone else, it's up to the admissions staff to decide. Not having computer science isn't an issue. You've got maths (which the vast majority of CS courses require), so you should be okay.

Hi there,

At Lancaster Computer Science is not a required A-Level and currently we recommend for AAB as your predicted grades. Therefore, you should get a fair chance at an offer as anyone else. Also, as you study A-Level Maths you may be considered for a lower offer.

If you want to read more on the course or entry requirements here is the course page for a bachelors in Computer Science: Computer Science BSc Hons (G400) - Lancaster University

Amy 🙂 (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Hi @amulshinde,

Great to hear you're interested in studying at Loughborough!

You can view the entry requirements for our Computer Science-related undergraduate courses here. You'll see the exact information about requirements a little further down the individual pages! :smile:

If you do have any questions about studying at Loughborough in the meantime, let us know :smile:

Lindsay
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending