The Student Room Group

***Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2024 Thread***

As school/university exams are over and you are on your well deserved break, it is time to start thinking about Spring Weeks.

This is the official mega-thread for those starting university this September or going into second year of a four year course (or third year of a five year course).

The following firms offer spring weeks:

BBs:
Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
JPMorgan
BAML
Credit Suisse
Citi
Deutsche Bank
Barclays Investment Bank
UBS

EBs:
Lazard
PWP

MMs:
HSBC
BNP Paribas
Nomura
Macquarie

Big4:
KPMG
Deloitte
PwC
EY

Consulting:
BCG Insight
Mckinsey Discover

Commodities:
BP IST
VCMT

AM:
Schroders
BlackRock
Aviva Investors

PE:
Blackstone

Proprietary Trading:
Jane Street Spring Insight
Discover Citadel
(edited 6 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yo thanks for the information
Reply 2
Im prepping the CV + cover letters, though I feel my CV will feel incomplete / outdated by the time i start Uni in sept
Just search up LSE tracker on google for a comprehensive list of all SW and their deadlines. There is about 40.
Reply 4
If going for a spring week, and starting uni this year, should I wait to apply til i start uni and get to join some societies? because blackrock´s spring internship already opened almost a month ago for example
Original post by johnnycarter
Just search up LSE tracker on google for a comprehensive list of all SW and their deadlines. There is about 40.

could you send a link please. I just cant find it
Original post by gaminghoodwink
could you send a link please. I just cant find it

Took me some digging, try this spreadsheet hyperlink. Have fun!
>>>>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zk13bgREvD2Fev2XKJasyyx-BV2SYimA/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=102415232660736994915&rtpof=true&sd=true<<<<<
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 7
There is also a forum similar to WallStreetOasis called Canary Wharfian. There are lots of useful info re spring week advice, summer internships and general career tips on high finance careers such as banking and trading, PE, HF etc. Not sure if I’m allowed to post here but you can Google it and should come up
Can you apply for spring weeks if you’re a first year in a four year integrated masters course? I have an option to switch back to 3 years so technically I can be considered a first year of a three year course right?
Reply 9
have ppl started applying for spring weeks yet
Reply 10
Has anyone else noticed, PwC, Deloitte and EY haven't actually opened their corporate finance graduate scheme yet?
Reply 11
Original post by martinelli321
Can you apply for spring weeks if you’re a first year in a four year integrated masters course? I have an option to switch back to 3 years so technically I can be considered a first year of a three year course right?

Absolutely yes - they're essentially looking to build a pipeline to talent for the long term so this is fine (and not as unusual as you might think).
Reply 12
Think this is the new Barclays one - https://search.jobs.barclays/discovery
Reply 13
Trying to apply to Spring Weeks at the moment but a number are asking for predicted uni grades, I'm struggling as I still don't have a predicted grade yet with it being so early on into the year. Any suggestions?
Reply 14
Original post by LWhetham
Trying to apply to Spring Weeks at the moment but a number are asking for predicted uni grades, I'm struggling as I still don't have a predicted grade yet with it being so early on into the year. Any suggestions?

If you're super smart and know at this early period that you will achieve an overall 1st class, then by all means, put this down. Otherwise, keep it safe, and do what most people do - predict 2.1 overall. Just don't predict 2.2!
Has anyone already done the Morgan Stanley telephone interview? How was it? Any tips on how I can prepare myself?
Reply 16
Original post by hellohello05
Has anyone already done the Morgan Stanley telephone interview? How was it? Any tips on how I can prepare myself?

Hi, I have mine soon. When do you have yours?
Did anyone receive the email from Goldman saying there was an error with the status update?
Reply 18
Original post by ow05
Did anyone receive the email from Goldman saying there was an error with the status update?

Got an email saying it was sent in error after the application centre updated to accepted.
Reply 19
has anyone heard back from BNP, HSBC, GS ? Any offers yet Lazard ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending