The Student Room Group

Liverpool vs Durham

I’ve got an offer from both Liverpool and Durham.
Liverpool (Evolutionary anthropology Bsc) requirements are BBB or BBC with a B in my EPQ. However, Durham (Anthropology BSC) is a BBC due to qualifying for contextual offers.
The problem is that I’ve never actually thought of going to Durham, because I never thought I’d get him now that I have. I don’t know whether I’m just looking at Durham as the better university due to its prestige. Or if it’s generally is better for my course.
Liverpool is the only uni that offers this course and I really like the formatting, but due to it being only evolutionary anthropology is a bit limiting whereas in Durham, I can choose what study I want to go down (biological anthropology) which would be rather similar to Liverpool's course anyways.
There’s also the problem of costs and location I live in London so Liverpool is much closer. As a working class black student I also worry about how I’ll fit in with Durham.
What uni should I choose or do you guys have any advice as to how I should choose the uni?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by otherhalf06
I’ve got him an offer from both Liverpool and Durham.
Liverpool (Evolutionary anthropology Bsc) requirements are BBB or BBC with a B in my EPQ. However, Durham (Anthropology BSC) is a BBC due to qualifying for contextual offers.
The problem is that I’ve never actually thought of going to Durham, because I never thought I’d get him now that I have. I don’t know whether I’m just looking at Durham as the better university due to its prestige. Or if it’s generally is better for my course.
Liverpool is the only uni that offers this course and I really like the formatting, but due to it being only evolutionary anthropology is a bit limiting whereas in Durham, I can choose what study I want to go down (biological anthropology) which would be rather similar to Liverpool pjs anyways.
There’s also the problem of costs and location I live in London so Liverpool is much closer. As a poor black student I also worry about how I’ll fit in with Durham.
What uni should I choose or do you guys have any advice as to how I should choose the uni?

it is worth keeping an open mind and trying to visit
Durham will have some sort of scheme to assist contextual students with travel expenses so do look at their website- you make a good point about the flexibility of courses there
also, look up the Durham threads here on TSR, especially the recent ones
Reply 2
As above - look at Campus Tour films on YouTube or go and visit in person as they are very different Universities.
This is a very personal decision about what suits you - so no-one else can decide this for you.
Reply 3
Original post by MedMama
it is worth keeping an open mind and trying to visit
Durham will have some sort of scheme to assist contextual students with travel expenses so do look at their website- you make a good point about the flexibility of courses there
also, look up the Durham threads here on TSR, especially the recent ones

thank you ill look out for that. I know liverpool has a really large amount of scholarships and bursaries for students too
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending