The Student Room Group

Arkwright

Hi there! I know you are probably in university now or something but I saw your past posts and thing! I’m currently in Year 11 and im really really passionate and have a huge interest in studying at Imperial College London and doing a meng in Aerospace engineering. Right now I don’t do gcse further maths so I wanted to know how much this would hinder my chance of getting into Imperial. In addition to this however I am already beginning to do lots of extra curricular activities such as different work experiences in the engineering sector whether they be virtual or in person and also I play tennis as well and am also hoping to try for the Arkwright scolarship maybe. But I wanted to know if me not taking further maths would really hinder me and what grade would you say I should get in further maths to even consider taking it at A-Level because in my year ten mocks I got a 5 in maths but I have just done my year 11 maths mocks so my Grade may have jumped I am not fully sure yet but I wanted some advice please. Because I don’t just want to be a normal engineer some say I hope to do things to change the world and create a really bright future for myself and become one of the best engineers in history :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Elliot123456
Hi there! I know you are probably in university now or something but I saw your past posts and thing! I’m currently in Year 11 and im really really passionate and have a huge interest in studying at Imperial College London and doing a meng in Aerospace engineering. Right now I don’t do gcse further maths so I wanted to know how much this would hinder my chance of getting into Imperial. In addition to this however I am already beginning to do lots of extra curricular activities such as different work experiences in the engineering sector whether they be virtual or in person and also I play tennis as well and am also hoping to try for the Arkwright scolarship maybe. But I wanted to know if me not taking further maths would really hinder me and what grade would you say I should get in further maths to even consider taking it at A-Level because in my year ten mocks I got a 5 in maths but I have just done my year 11 maths mocks so my Grade may have jumped I am not fully sure yet but I wanted some advice please. Because I don’t just want to be a normal engineer some say I hope to do things to change the world and create a really bright future for myself and become one of the best engineers in history :smile:

You need a 8 at least in GCSE Maths to take A-Level Further Maths. So don't worry about not having GCSE Further Maths.
Reply 3
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum
which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Sorry I didn’t receive any link

Quick Reply

Latest