The Student Room Group

University term dates

When do university typically start and end. I know it's different for every uni i just wondered if like they started in october or something and ended in like july?
Reply 1
Probably an induction week for new students before the start of teaching.

Typically teaching would start end of september or the start of october

end of year exams usually end early in June

then you're done unless you're required to do resits.

google academic calendar name of university for a few places you're interested in
Original post by heyidontknowwhat
When do university typically start and end. I know it's different for every uni i just wondered if like they started in october or something and ended in like july?

Hi there,
You're right in that exact dates will vary for each uni. Generally most undergraduate courses start September/October and you would do your final exams/coursework in May/June and receive the results in July. Of course, this does not cover every degree and some degrees may have January starts.

Hope this helps

- Sophie
Original post by heyidontknowwhat

Hi there @heyidontknowwhat, :smile:

Term times will vary from one university to another, you should be able to locate the universities time table on their website or you can contact them for more information on start dates and the academic calendar.

Best wishes, :smile:
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending