The Student Room Group

Small and traditional colleges?

I was wondering what the smaller and traditional colleges at Cambridge are? Trinity and John's often take the spotlight in winning the title of most traditional but which Cambridge colleges are smaller but also respectful of tradition?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I was wondering what the smaller and traditional colleges at Cambridge are? Trinity and John's often take the spotlight in winning the title of most traditional but which Cambridge colleges are smaller but also respectful of tradition?

That's a bit vague. What traditions do you want? Gowns? Not walking on the grass? Victorian plumbing? 9am-5pm Library hours? Internet dead-spots? Clear separation of students and Fellows?
Reply 2
Just respect for the "Oxbridge" tradition in general - the usual concomitant features (good choir, nice architecture, good quality of food and formals). Currently, at the "other place" with aforementioned attributes, so hoping to apply to somewhere similar for my Masters at Camb.
Corpus Christi, Peterhouse and Magdalene are smaller colleges yet prestigious. 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending