The Student Room Group

Business A level?

Is business studies a good A level?
A lot of unis like Imperial, LSE and Warwick (just to name a few-)
don't accept business studies A level.
Why is this and is it still worth taking it?
Original post by anonymous_3355

I think it's because Business (BTEC) calls for more thinking and will actually test a student's understanding of the subject. Business A level is more like as long as you can memorise the answers, you're good to go. I would definitely recommend it as a BTEC. It's one of my subjects and it's absolutely amazing. The best part is you can retake the exams which isn't possible for Business A level.
Thank you, I will definitely be looking into that! Do prestigious russell group unis accept Business BTEC?
Thank you, I will definitely be looking into that! Do prestigious russell group unis accept Business BTEC?

I did a quick Google search and the results came out positive. Although it varies by subject and course combinations. I guess you'll have to do further research on what combinations will be accepted. Hopefully it works out well for you 🙂.
Thank you so much! 😊
hi, i take business a level and i recently received an offer from warwick for management (undergraduate course) so i'm not sure where you heard that from? i love business a level but quite a lot of people found it challenging so they dropped it but i do recommend it.
I have an offer from Warwick for accounting and finance, I do business economics maths predicted A*A*A. So it depends, personal statement is the most important factor.
Original post by _katelynnicola
hi, i take business a level and i recently received an offer from warwick for management (undergraduate course) so i'm not sure where you heard that from? i love business a level but quite a lot of people found it challenging so they dropped it but i do recommend it.
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending