The Student Room Group

What can a Level 3 BTEC in Business get me?

I recently completed a level 2 course in travel and tourism but I've realized that this may not be the subject for me. I've considered switching to business but what careers can a Level 3 in Business lead me to?
Also I did not do business for GCSE so will I struggle with a Level 3 course in the subject?
Sorry for the essay but if you could help that would be highly appreciated
Original post by kahlxb
I recently completed a level 2 course in travel and tourism but I've realized that this may not be the subject for me. I've considered switching to business but what careers can a Level 3 in Business lead me to?
Also I did not do business for GCSE so will I struggle with a Level 3 course in the subject?

Hi,
A level 3 in Business can allow you to have careers in the following: Finance, Marketing, Business Management and most Business-oriented industries. If you study and work hard you will not struggle that much in the course, hopefully. Doing a GCSE in business isn't really a prerequisite to study the BTEC.
You don't need to have done Level 2 Business / GCSE to do a Level 3, as they teach you from scratch.
What can it lead to? Well in some circumstances it can lead to university, but you'll also have apprenticeships, a higher BTEC level or jumping right into work as options.
Reply 3
Original post by kahlxb

Hi, I’d just like to advise you to do some research on business, and if you think you really want to give it a go, then go for it! I done it as a level 3 BTEC, and I’ll be honest it’s so easy you just need to have the willpower to do lots of coursework. However, the level of work isn’t complicated to the point that you’d be stressing about it all night (like say A-Level Chemistry haha). As long as you stay on top of you work, and get it done as soon as it’s set, it’s actually a fairly chill subject. Anyways, I believe in you! Believe in yourself! You got this, good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by SG1123
Hi, I’d just like to advise you to do some research on business, and if you think you really want to give it a go, then go for it! I done it as a level 3 BTEC, and I’ll be honest it’s so easy you just need to have the willpower to do lots of coursework. However, the level of work isn’t complicated to the point that you’d be stressing about it all night (like say A-Level Chemistry haha). As long as you stay on top of you work, and get it done as soon as it’s set, it’s actually a fairly chill subject. Anyways, I believe in you! Believe in yourself! You got this, good luck!

Thanks a lot for your comment, did you do business before for GCSE before doing the course? Also how long ago did you do the course?
Reply 5
Original post by kahlxb
Thanks a lot for your comment, did you do business before for GCSE before doing the course? Also how long ago did you do the course?

Sorry, only just seen this. But yes! I done business for GCSE, and I’ve had an interest in the concept of business since I was young, like when I was in primary school. So that’s what really drove me. However, when it comes to level 3 BTEC, I don’t believe that you need to study business GCSE... as long as you’ve done your research on level 3 business studies, and have a basic understanding of it and most importantly have a slight passion or reason to do it, you’ll be fine!! It’s mainly common sense
Reply 6
(Original post by SG1123)Sorry, only just seen this. But yes! I done business for GCSE, and I’ve had an interest in the concept of business since I was young, like when I was in primary school. So that’s what really drove me. However, when it comes to level 3 BTEC, I don’t believe that you need to study business GCSE... as long as you’ve done your research on level 3 business studies, and have a basic understanding of it and most importantly have a slight passion or reason to do it, you’ll be fine!! It’s mainly common sense

hey, if you see this i would like to ask you how your doing now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending