The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

"This programme is unique in that it takes you from zero to one hundred in skills!"

With an undergraduate degree in Media Studies from Istanbul University, Çisem was particularly interested in the expanding themes of data analytics and AI in the modern world when learning about digital marketing.

She knew she wanted to explore a career in digital marketing. Recognising that she lacked a technical skillset and knowledge of working with data, she set about searching for a Master’s programme that would help her fill her knowledge gaps and make her stand out in the field.

Çisem studies MSc Applied Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics at Bradford. This is her story.

cisem-720-480.jpg

The skills I need
I come from a non-technical background.

During my degree in Media Studies at Istanbul University, I learnt about brand management, advertising, media management and PR.

I felt drawn towards a career in marketing because of these classes, and quickly realised how important data is for marketers. We need data to make informed decisions about marketing strategies and how to target customers.

I took a gap year and decided I wanted to further my studies in this area at a UK university and gain more technical skills and abilities.

I was working at an international education fair when I met the recruitment team from Bradford.

I wasn’t thinking about AI and data analytics as a course route at all, but when I spoke to the team about my interests and career ambitions, the Applied Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics MSc course came up.

In the one-year duration of the programme, I’d get all the new technical skills I’d need to make me a more rounded marketer, and I didn’t need a technical background. It was a no-brainer.

After researching the University and Bradford as a city, my mind was made up. I started at the University of Bradford in September 2023.

This programme is unique in that it takes you from zero to one hundred in skills so don’t be worried about not having a technical background if you’re considering this course.

A unique programme
The course has exceeded my expectations.

There’s a great balance of non-technical and technical content to keep us interested. I’m particularly enjoying learning about how to use AI responsibly, which is so important as we are the generation that will be leading the use of AI in the future.

Also, how data analytics applies to real life workplaces we’ve been working in S.A.S. labs, which are all about applying our business intelligence and advanced analytics skills to real life business scenarios.

I’ve even surprised myself by getting to grips with blockchain technology.

I’ll stand out in front of colleagues without technical skills, which are now a key desirable in marketing job descriptions.

In a good position for employment
I will have the skillset necessary for the future of marketing.

I’m focused on expanding my tech skills, so I’m in a good position for employment when I graduate.

I’d like to use my new skills to propel myself into a career in international education marketing; I’ve studied abroad at various times throughout my life, including Canada, Germany and now the UK, so I’m passionate about the opportunities it provides young people.

Bradford is the perfect city to study in. It’s not too big so there are less distractions, and the location is perfect to explore you’re so close to bigger cities like Manchester, Leeds and York. It’s also budget-friendly.

I feel very welcome here, it’s a university full of international students like me who live on campus.
Reply 1
What stands out in Çisem's narrative is the program's approach at Bradford, designed to elevate students from "zero to one hundred in skills," irrespective of their technical background. This inclusivity not only democratizes access to emerging technologies but also enriches the field with diverse perspectives. Çisem's enthusiasm for learning about responsible AI use and applying data analytics in real-world contexts showcases the program's balance between theoretical knowledge and practical application.
(edited 3 months ago)
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Original post by ashvaganda
What stands out in Çisem's narrative is the program's approach at Bradford, designed to elevate students from "zero to one hundred in skills," irrespective of their technical background. This inclusivity not only democratizes access to emerging technologies but also enriches the field with diverse perspectives. Çisem's enthusiasm for learning about responsible AI use and applying data analytics in real-world contexts showcases the program's balance between theoretical knowledge and practical application.

The AI is strong in you.

Greg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending