The Student Room Group

Jobs

I am currently looking for a weekend job so I can start earning my own money.
I’m starting to loose hope since I’ve been looking endlessly but I cannot find a job that would accommodate me just doing weekends.
The jobs I have applied for say I need experience or reject/ignore me entirely.
I am currently getting work experience in a primary school twice a week whilst I juggle college doing a level 3 BTEC (a-level) Twice a week.
Are there any websites or places that u can plz recommend that can help me with this please
Original post by Syed998
I’m starting to loose hope since I’ve been looking endlessly but I cannot find a job that would accommodate me just doing weekends.
I am currently getting work experience in a primary school twice a week whilst I juggle college doing a level 3 BTEC (a-level) Twice a week.
Are there any websites or places that u can plz recommend that can help me with this please

Hi @Syed998

Have you got a LinkedIn account? If not, it may be worth creating one. It is essentially an online CV; you can make connections with professionals and search for jobs. Sometimes, recruiters will contact you if they think your profile fits the job they are offering.

It is definitely worth a try; it works great for some.

Wishing you all the best with the job hunt!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
Original post by Syed998

If you have friends who currently work in catering, you might be able to try to get a word in regarding a job.

The catering sector is currently low on staff and there are usually a number of entry level roles available. The hours although unsociable usually, are also flexible i.e. there should be weekend shifts available. Most students who are looking for weekend work tend to go into catering work.

Whilst I would say job agencies are good sources for work, you only tend to get work if you're not particularly picky.
Original post by Syed998

Try looking at local fam shop websites ect around your area, they sometimes keep these away from websites like Indeed for some reason, and they usually have weekend availability. *However they do not pay good (£5.50/hr i got)* But I wouldn’t worry about all of that if you would just like a little bit of money to yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by notkierantho
Try looking at local fam shop websites ect around your area, they sometimes keep these away from websites like Indeed for some reason, and they usually have weekend availability. *However they do not pay good (£5.50/hr i got)* But I wouldn’t worry about all of that if you would just like a little bit of money to yourself.

Thanks so much !
Not so worried bout the pay as long as I can pay my phone bill myself and have a bit to spend and save too
Original post by Syed998
Thanks so much !
Not so worried bout the pay as long as I can pay my phone bill myself and have a bit to spend and save too

They say McDonalds normally hire people without any work experience. Whenever I have looked there are no vacancies near me. Maybe you could try there? Also Primark last summer were advertising on jobs websites again without needing experience (supposedly).
Original post by Syed998

Try indeed. Theres a lot of jobs on there.
Also look on companies own websites. Some companies, e.g. tesco, mcdonalds etc have their jobs on the careers section of their websites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending