The Student Room Group

Can you do placement years if you didn't initially apply for them?

I've applied for multiple Msci Chemistry courses and was wondering about the general procedure towards placement years - do you have to have APPLIED for the placement year courses via UCAS to be offered them in your 4th year whilst in uni?
Hoping that someone who applied for a straight four year course and ended up doing a placement can tell me they exist lmfao
Reply 1
Depends on the individual University and how they assess applications - just email each one and ask.
Original post by elkemist
I've applied for multiple Msci Chemistry courses and was wondering about the general procedure towards placement years - do you have to have APPLIED for the placement year courses via UCAS to be offered them in your 4th year whilst in uni?
Hoping that someone who applied for a straight four year course and ended up doing a placement can tell me they exist lmfao

Hi! It will depend on each individual university and how many people are on the placement course, but as there are often people that drop out of placement to go onto a 'normal' degree programme, it is common for universities to have an opt-in for placement or study abroad years. However, these tend to be more competitive than the initial application!
It is definitely worth emailing the universities and asking, just to be sure.
Good luck on your course!
-Kat (2nd year psychology undergraduate at Lancaster University)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending