The Student Room Group

Dentistry Application

Hey All,
Im just wondering whether I may have some chance in getting an offer for dentistry. In terms of my GCSEs, they average to a 6.0, and I am currently studying sciences at sixth form. Im looking to apply to kings and queen mary, If I do well in my UCAT, will it alleviate my GCSE score. Despite the average must be a minimum an 8.0 because I know how competitive Dentistry is, I have gone through extenuating circumstances during my GCSES, So I am still unsure about whether I have chances to apply, or go through a longer route.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by SGojo17
Hey All,
Im just wondering whether I may have some chance in getting an offer for dentistry. In terms of my GCSEs, they average to a 6.0, and I am currently studying sciences at sixth form. Im looking to apply to kings and queen mary, If I do well in my UCAT, will it alleviate my GCSE score. Despite the average must be a minimum an 8.0 because I know how competitive Dentistry is, I have gone through extenuating circumstances during my GCSES, So I am still unsure about whether I have chances to apply, or go through a longer route.

QMUL: We require at least six GCSEs at grades 777666 (AAABBB pre 2017) including Biology, Chemistry, English Language or English Literature and Mathematics (from their website), anything lower than that will not be considered.
For KCL you need at least 4-5 eights and nines and then maybe 3100 UCAT to compensate for those GCSEs (ideally one needs 8 x eights/nines (A*). My son didn't get a KCL interview last year with 7x A* and 2740 UCAT)
You need A*AA at A level to be able to apply to both QMUL and KCL.
Contact them to check if they will accept your extenuating circumstances re GCSEs.
Reply 2
Original post by Dentappmom
QMUL: We require at least six GCSEs at grades 777666 (AAABBB pre 2017) including Biology, Chemistry, English Language or English Literature and Mathematics (from their website), anything lower than that will not be considered.
For KCL you need at least 4-5 eights and nines and then maybe 3100 UCAT to compensate for those GCSEs (ideally one needs 8 x eights/nines (A*). My son didn't get a KCL interview last year with 7x A* and 2740 UCAT)
You need A*AA at A level to be able to apply to both QMUL and KCL.
Contact them to check if they will accept your extenuating circumstances re GCSEs.

Ive Once tried contacting them the dentistry faculty, all they responded to me was the requirments and admissions. now I do Kplus at kings, via the dentistry stream, I hope that Improves my chance but I might end up doing a foundation year since my gcse grades are 98876665.

Quick Reply

Latest