The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Two Year Masters Course

Hi Everyone!!
I’ve recently been accepted into MMU on Speech and Language Therapy (Pre-Registration) masters. I have been looking into the government student loan options, and it states that we receive £12,167. I am aware that our masters course is £9,250 per year, does this mean it will be £18,500?

I have seen that student loan is split into two over two years, so approximately £6,083 per year, does this mean that I will have to pay approximately £3,167 myself for each year?

I’m just trying to understand all of the logistics!!

Thank you so much!
Reply 1
Hi! I'm also looking into studying the speech and language therapy pre-registration course! (I will be applying to man met too!)

I have done a lot of research into this because it's not very clear at first. Because the course is an NHS allied health professional course, you receive the same funding as you would for an undergraduate degree rather than the typical masters funding. I believe that this is partially because the course includes placements so it isn't really possible to work part-time while you study. So this means a tuition loan to cover those fees as well as a maintenance loan to help with living costs. On top of this, there is an NHS bursary which means you can receive up to £5k to help with additional costs.

Hope this helps!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi Everyone!!
I’ve recently been accepted into MMU on Speech and Language Therapy (Pre-Registration) masters. I have been looking into the government student loan options, and it states that we receive £12,167. I am aware that our masters course is £9,250 per year, does this mean it will be £18,500?

I have seen that student loan is split into two over two years, so approximately £6,083 per year, does this mean that I will have to pay approximately £3,167 myself for each year?

I’m just trying to understand all of the logistics!!

Thank you so much!

Hi! @papa-bless is correct - for this course, funding comes through undergraduate loan and you can also apply for the NHS learning support fund where you can receive an additional £5000 on top of your SFE funding 🙂 - Chloe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending