The Student Room Group

Online Master Degree (Two year)- SFE Loan

Can I be qualified to apply for an SFE loan online master's program (two years)? I'm about to finish my course BEng (Hons) in 2024.
Hi Haitch_dm,

I have provided a link to our eligibility criteria for the Postgraduate Loan which will help you with this.

Applications for the academic year 24/25 are expected to launch in the Summer of 2024.

https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2

part-time for up to 3 years, where no equivalent full-time course exists. The course I'm planning to take offers full-time, however, I'm an adult learner with a family and have a part-time job. so the best way for me is to take a part-time master's? is there any case-to-case basis, can you advise, please?

Original post by Haitch_dm

part-time for up to 3 years, where no equivalent full-time course exists. The course I'm planning to take offers full-time, however, I'm an adult learner with a family and have a part-time job. so the best way for me is to take a part-time master's? is there any case-to-case basis, can you advise, please?

Hi Haitch_dm,

It's your decision as to whether you study a Masters full time or part time, you may wish to discuss this with your university.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Hi Callum, thanks for your response. I read from guidelines that I'm not allowed to take part time if full time is available? The issue is, I'm a parent and it is not possible for me to take full time. Is SFE can allow me to take part time due to my circumstances?
Original post by Haitch_dm
Hi Callum, thanks for your response. I read from guidelines that I'm not allowed to take part time if full time is available? The issue is, I'm a parent and it is not possible for me to take full time. Is SFE can allow me to take part time due to my circumstances?

You’re looking at the wrong bullet point. Your course is 2 years and has a full time equivalent so:
part-time, lasting 2 to 4 academic years - no more than twice the length of the equivalent full-time course
Applies. As long as the full time equivalent is a year or longer then the part time version is fundable.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by PQ
You’re looking at the wrong bullet point. Your course is 2 years and has a full time equivalent so:
part-time, lasting 2 to 4 academic years - no more than twice the length of the equivalent full-time course
Applies. As long as the full time equivalent is a year or longer then the part time version is fundable.

Hi there,

That's right - if you have a particular Masters course and university that you'd like us to check let us know and we'll have a look.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending