The Student Room Group

year 13-- a gyg blog

year 13. the final frontier. (not really. it's the equivalent of y12 everywhere else because northern ireland counts reception as a year, like the scottish system)
i don't know how to do the fancy stuff on here, so the blog shall just be blocks of text I'm sorry 🥹🥹
anyway
year 13. the semifinal frontier.
for a bit of background, hi, I'm Orb (not my real name but I'm not taking chances) I'm an as student (obvi) studying English Literature, History and Politics. I'm predicted to get high grades in all, but I particularly want to get A*, A, A and my best bet for the A* is english atm (delusional)

In English we are studying Jane Eyre, A Streetcar Named Desire, Carol Ann Duffy and Philip Larkin (🤢🤮 specifically for larkin)

In History it is Russia from 1917- 1941 and also Yahtzee Germany/Democracy in Germany from 1919-1945

And in politics we are studying the British government and every day I grow more depressed looking at them.

This blog exists to hold me accountable and look at study methods I've found but anyone who reads this will have to sign an NDA/j

I'll probably be back later with a rant.
-orb
(edited 3 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
today has been kinda slow! not much studying done but I did some law reading--Eve Was Framed, I'm around chapter 8 rn
I'm also working on my poetry annotations and get through the books
my goal is at least finish a few more poems, summaries and analysis!
Reply 2
Original post by orb22
today has been kinda slow! not much studying done but I did some law reading--Eve Was Framed, I'm around chapter 8 rn
I'm also working on my poetry annotations and get through the books
my goal is at least finish a few more poems, summaries and analysis!

today did not go as planned 💀
I have my mocks next week and I haven't studied as much as I'd like to, but I'm gonna try and ramp this bad boy up because I really need to tbh
Reply 3
How have the mocks gone?
Reply 4
Original post by study23!
How have the mocks gone?

surprisingly well, actually!
I forgot this existed but yeah, my mocks went smoothly so I'm really pleased with that :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by orb22
surprisingly well, actually!
I forgot this existed but yeah, my mocks went smoothly so I'm really pleased with that :smile:

That’s great! Well done 😁
Following as fell Northern Ireland person!
Also big well done on ur mocks
Reply 7
today's update:
ty for the well dones, they are appreciated haha
rn I'm just watching a documentary for history and planning out my notes for English
because let's face it english needs a metric ton of notes :,)
slow day and probably a slow week
Reply 8
update for 2day:
They never tell you how much Margaret Thatcher content you consume in politics but lads I am NOT FOR TURNING 💀💀
I got my result back for politics and it was a B but i can do better than that
I got half of my history exam back and that was 80% so I'm waiting for the rest of it and my English exam
Busy day but I can get through it
Reply 9
Original post by orb22
update for 2day:
They never tell you how much Margaret Thatcher content you consume in politics but lads I am NOT FOR TURNING 💀💀
I got half of my history exam back and that was 80% so I'm waiting for the rest of it and my English exam

today was alright; not much to report
Except I have to speedrun notes for 5 poems because I am an eejjt and forgot to do it 🫡🫡🫡
Wish me luck
Original post by orb22
Except I have to speedrun notes for 5 poems because I am an eejjt and forgot to do it 🫡🫡🫡
Wish me luck

good luck!! @orb22
Reply 11
Original post by orb22
Wish me luck

Good luck on the poems 👍
Reply 12
thank you both!!
Reply 13
This week there isn't much to update because
A) today there was a bus strike
and
B) I'm now ILL
I don't think I'm gonna be able to go in tomorrow but aghhhh
Reply 14
weather update:
still ill
still can't go into school
going to be a very uneventful week
Reply 15
Original post by orb22
weather update:
still ill

I’m sorry 😞 have a nice rest x
Original post by orb22
weather update:
still ill

hope you get better. rest up and try to recharge so when your better you cna catch up without any sympotoms x
Original post by orb22
update for 2day:

well done on your results !!!
Reply 18
it's official.
I'm back at school
*yipee sound effect*
today I caught up by annotating the poems I was meant to do, fortunately I don't think I missed much because my Politics teacher was focusing on some current affairs with the class (the new NI assembly cough COUGH) so that's good for meeeee
now it's time to really try and get the rest of the week onto a good track for midterm break 🙃
Reply 19
is there a thread for WJEC poetry?
idk maybe I should start one bc philip larkin is going to be the death of me
he fills me with RAGEEEEEEEEEE
but I also got my English mock back today and I got
87%!!!
87!!!!!
AN A
finally a w for orb

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending