The Student Room Group

Returning to university with two children after gap year

I'm seeking advice or insights from anyone who might have experienced a similar situation. Here's a brief overview: during my first year, I was pregnant and subsequently took a gap year after passing. In returning to the second year, I managed with a one-year-old. However, in the beginning of my third year, I encountered health complications due to pregnancy, necessitating another gap year.

Now, I'm facing a move that will take me five hours away. If I wish to complete my third year, I'll need to transfer universities. I'm concerned about the logistics of managing studies with a three-year-old and a six-month-old, especially as I'll have no family support in the new location. My husband works from home, and the university I'm considering transferring to would involve a one-hour commute. I'm unsure about being far from my six-month-old for extended periods and dealing with long-distance parenting.

Any advice or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply 1
It sounds like you're in a difficult position.

You would need to check that any university you're considering would actually allow a transfer directly into the third year.

You could look into whether studying part-time would make things easier for you; and you could look into whether you could transfer your credits to the Open University and complete your degree there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending