The Student Room Group

Bristol or Exeter?

Which university is more prestigious in your opinion for things like consultancy or Law?
(edited 3 months ago)
Bristol maybe? Definitely cool to do Law in the Will's Memorial Building!
Original post by riker123
Which university is more prestigious in your opinion for things like consultancy or Law?

Hi there @riker123,

Both Exeter and Bristol have a great reputation and are highly ranked amongst universities in the UK. Are you considering applying to study Law at either of these universities? If so, there are a few things that might be helpful to consider in addition to their reputation.

First, it might be helpful to look at the course available in more detail - considering the modules on offer, assessment types, placement opportunities, contact hours, etc. You might find that one university is better suited to you than the other. Additionally, I would consider the clubs and societies on offer - at Exeter, we have over 300 societies that offer a great opportunity to meet new people, develop interests, and take up new hobbies! It might also be worth considering the area you want to live in. I can't speak too much for Bristol, but I have found Exeter to be the perfect mix of a campus and city university! In town there are plenty of pubs, restaurants, bars and clubs to choose from. The campus is beautiful and very green - perfect to work outside when the weather is a little warmer! It's also about a 20 minute train ride from the beach which is ideal in the hotter months! These are factors that might be worth taking into account when trying to make your decision!

On a personal note, I have really enjoyed my time at Exeter and couldn't recommend it enough. The teaching quality has been excellent - staff are always on hand to help with any concerns or problems. The student community is really friendly and welcoming. The Careers Team are particularly useful - on hand to help with everything from CV writing and interview practice to finding placement/job opportunities after you graduate!

I hope this has helped in some way. Feel free to get in touch with any questions!

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Original post by riker123

Bristol takes about 5% of all Training Contracts in "THE CITY OF LONDON" with 50% going to Oxbridge, 25% to London Universities and the rest are Nottingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Warwick, York and Exeter. 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by thegeek888

Bristol takes about 5% of all Training Contracts in "THE CITY OF LONDON" with 50% going to Oxbridge, 25% to London Universities and the rest are Nottingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Warwick, York and Exeter. 🙂

Where did you get these stats?
Original post by wjg05
Where did you get these stats?

Facts and figures - Chambers Student Guide

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending