The Student Room Group

Arkwright Scholarship 2024 Y11s

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by I'mInLockdown
design a flowchart for a vending machine thing with some requirements like picking drink, money etc

watch it man you're about to get warned lmfao
Reply 81
Original post by I'mInLockdown
design a flowchart for a vending machine thing with some requirements like picking drink, money etc

what're ur socials anyway
Reply 82
Original post by shem08
i got warned for j saying yeah that a question was smth lmao. it shouldnt matter now tho cos i think everyones done it

they’re just mad strict on it ig, i’m on 2 warns now 😭
Reply 83
Original post by visula

fr idk why they bother ppl are gonna find out either way. anyways u reckon ull get an interview?
Reply 84
Original post by shem08
fr idk why they bother ppl are gonna find out either way. anyways u reckon ull get an interview?

nah i don’t really think so, think my exam answers were a bit basic tbh….also i’ve changed my mind about my third engineering option on the application i picked chemical but should’ve done automotive….what do you think i should do? also picked to not work with RAF which idrk why i did but wanting to change that atm
Reply 85
Original post by visula
nah i don’t really think so, think my exam answers were a bit basic tbh….also i’ve changed my mind about my third engineering option on the application i picked chemical but should’ve done automotive….what do you think i should do? also picked to not work with RAF which idrk why i did but wanting to change that atm

even if your ideas were basic its the explanation and communication that count! also im sure that you can mention the changes if you get an interview and it wont be a problem!
Reply 86
Original post by visula

ive not been on this thread since before the exam cuz i was scared of getting warned LOL
Reply 87
hii there, i've heard about arkwright scholarships before, but could someone tell me what it exactly is? and i assume it's a bit late to sign up now.. but when did you guys hear about this and when did you sign up?
Reply 88
Original post by milktee
hii there, i've heard about arkwright scholarships before, but could someone tell me what it exactly is? and i assume it's a bit late to sign up now.. but when did you guys hear about this and when did you sign up?

depends what year you’re in! its for year 11 in england, scotland and wales and year 12 in northern ireland. its an engineering scholarship for the ‘engineers of the future’ to give them help through mentoring and advice and engineering activities etc. there’s a lot more info on their website if you look there :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by milktee

i heard about it in november 2023 through school and the applications closed on the 26th of jan 2024
Reply 90
Original post by muirinn16
depends what year you’re in! its for year 11 in england, scotland and wales and year 12 in northern ireland. its an engineering scholarship for the ‘engineers of the future’ to give them help through mentoring and advice and engineering activities etc. there’s a lot more info on their website if you look there :smile:

ooo alrightt, thank you!!
Reply 91
i heard about it in november 2023 through school and the applications closed on the 26th of jan 2024

aww too bad applications are already closed, i would have loved to take part 😔 our school didn't tell us about it and i only learned about it like last week 💔
also, i think i saw somewhere that you can submit your dt nea coursework as the project for this scholarship or something like that? how does the overall project exactly work?
Reply 92
Original post by milktee
aww too bad applications are already closed, i would have loved to take part 😔 our school didn't tell us about it and i only learned about it like last week 💔
also, i think i saw somewhere that you can submit your dt nea coursework as the project for this scholarship or something like that? how does the overall project exactly work?

you can use your dt project 100pc! i couldnt tell you too much about that as im not a dt student so i made my own tech project at home! the project is basically to showcase that you can apply engineering into real life instead of just in product design like the exam - that’s so annoying about your school not telling you :frown:
Reply 93
Original post by milktee

you can use your dt project 100pc! i couldnt tell you too much about that as im not a dt student so i made my own tech project at home! the project is basically to showcase that you can apply engineering into real life instead of just in product design like the exam - that’s so annoying about your school not telling you :frown:

oooo okok thank youu, I'm acc a dt student myself and I've finished making my product and almost completed my portfolio so it would've been the perfect opportunity 😭💔
Reply 94
Original post by shem08
Original post by milktee

theres a project worth 40 marks which needs ur research, how it works, what u learned and stuff like that and there's another 60 marks for like leadership things youve done, what you plan to do in the future and what interests u have in engineering.
then theres the test which is another 100 marks I think so 200 marks in total. i don't think theres a pass mark its just like how innovative u are ig and if they think your good they give u an interview

ahhh alright, thank you so much!! when's the overall deadline to submit your project?
Reply 95
Original post by shem08
the deadline was 26th jan which included the project and application so I dont think u can apply now sorry abt that

yeah 😔😔💔
Reply 96
Who thinks they are gonna get past to interview?
Original post by Ant101,

genuinely not at all just cos of the exam, ran outta time to do a lot of things
Reply 98
Original post by Ant101,

im hoping so i think my application was quite good and in the exam section A was great i just messed up a bit on section B
Reply 99
Original post by Ant101,

lol my application project was basically one of the past exam questions but i didnt even realise until after i submitted

and the more i think about my exam the more errors i can find with what i did

Quick Reply

Latest