The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway

I have an offer to study classical archaeology and ancient history at Royal Holloway.
People who go there- what is your opinion on Royal Holloway? And if you are doing a similar course, what is your opinion on the teaching/work load/etc?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have an offer to study classical archaeology and ancient history at Royal Holloway.
People who go there- what is your opinion on Royal Holloway? And if you are doing a similar course, what is your opinion on the teaching/work load/etc?

Hi there,

We're delighted that you're considering studying Classical Archaeology and Ancient History at Royal Holloway, University of London. By studying in our Department of Classics at Royal Holloway, you’ll gain a deep knowledge of the Greek and Roman world. You’ll expand your horizons by studying classics from new and challenging perspectives and will be encouraged to look beyond the ancient Mediterranean!

You will be taught through a mixture of lectures, seminars and tutorials, depending on the subjects studied. Much of your work will be outside class: reading in the library or via e-learning resources (we have a comprehensive e-learning facility, Moodle). You will also be preparing for seminars and lectures, working on essays and undertaking group projects and wide-ranging but guided independent study.

You can find out more about our Classical Archaeology and Ancient History course here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studying-here/undergraduate/classics/classical-archaeology-and-ancient-history/ including our entry requirements and course content.

Get answers to the questions that matter to you by chatting with our students and staff!
You can chat to a current student to find out what life is really like at Royal Holloway: www.royalholloway.ac.uk/chat and sign up for more information about us here: https://royalholloway.ac.uk/studying-here/sign-up-for-more-information/

I hope you find the above useful!

Best wishes,
Royal Holloway, University of London Rep
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending