The Student Room Group

Change name on TSR

how can I change my name/username on the student room. like i cant find it anywhere in the settings either and I dont know what to do because I dont like my name, at all. HELP ME PLEASE
Original post by Labs2007
how can I change my name/username on the student room. like i cant find it anywhere in the settings either and I dont know what to do because I dont like my name, at all. HELP ME PLEASE

If you select your avatar from the top menu (to the right of the envelope), then select Edit Profile, and then Edit My Login Settings you might reach a screen like the below which will allow you to edit your user name.

IMG_20240114_235037.jpg

I emphasis the might because many users report that it just doesn't work. There was a theory at one point that this was the case for people who signed-in using their Google login. Is that what you do?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
If you select your avatar from the top menu (to the right of the envelope), then select Edit Profile, and then Edit My Login Settings you might reach a screen like the below which will allow you to edit your user name.

IMG_20240114_235037.jpg

I emphasis the might because many users report that it just doesn't work. There was a theory at one point that this was the case for people who signed-in using their Google login. Is that what you do?

Yeah it is. Do i have to keep my username then?
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia

IMG_20240114_235037.jpg

Actually I did what you said and I was able to change it. Thank you!!!
Original post by Tatakae L
Actually I did what you said and I was able to change it. Thank you!!!

Excellent! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest