The Student Room Group

Transferring Credits

I failed a module in my first year and was withdrawn. I appealed against the decision and was allowed to take the assignment of the module again but sadly, I failed again. As I understand it, I have the opportunity to transfer the credits from my first year and go to another university, if I can find one that will have me or I can ask if my university will take me back with a view to repeating the whole module as opposed to just the assignment. If so would you advise that I speak to the chancellor of the university or my individual college. I have been advised both could work but if anybody has any advice please on this, I would be grateful.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I failed a module in my first year and was withdrawn. I appealed against the decision and was allowed to take the assignment of the module again but sadly, I failed again. As I understand it, I have the opportunity to transfer the credits from my first year and go to another university, if I can find one that will have me or I can ask if my university will take me back with a view to repeating the whole module as opposed to just the assignment. If so would you advise that I speak to the chancellor of the university or my individual college. I have been advised both could work but if anybody has any advice please on this, I would be grateful.

Which university are you studying at?

The Chancellor of a university is normally a figurehead who has no day-to-day involvement with the running of the university. The day-to-day head is the Vice-Chancellor, but I wouldn't expect them to get involved with this level of detail.

Your best approach would be to get advice from your student union; they should be familiar with the university's regulations. You could also talk to your personal tutor to see if they can help.
Reply 2
Original post by martin7
Which university are you studying at?

The Chancellor of a university is normally a figurehead who has no day-to-day involvement with the running of the university. The day-to-day head is the Vice-Chancellor, but I wouldn't expect them to get involved with this level of detail.

Your best approach would be to get advice from your student union; they should be familiar with the university's regulations. You could also talk to your personal tutor to see if they can help.

Thank you for coming back to me Martin. I am at Swansea University. I have approached the Students Union and whereas they were very helpful with my appeal before I was granted another attempt, they did not want t know after I failed it again. They came down more on the track that there wasn’t anything else I could do and tried to avoid talking to me.
As for my personal tutor, I did not
Find her supportive at all and had previously put in a complaint about her concerning another
Matter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending