The Student Room Group

Transferring university

I’m thinking of dropping out of my university, and then maybe going onto another course. I’ve done 2 years so far. Is this possible to do? I presume it’s too late so I may have to wait a year or actually drop out my current one but is it possible to transfer the credits
Original post by Anonymous
I’m thinking of dropping out of my university, and then maybe going onto another course. I’ve done 2 years so far. Is this possible to do? I presume it’s too late so I may have to wait a year or actually drop out my current one but is it possible to transfer the credits

The Transfer FAQ will answer a few of the most common questions.

Transferring credits from unrelated courses isn’t really a thing in the UK, (possibly the OU?). Same subject transfers are sometimes possible at the discretion of the incoming uni. But not into third/final year.
Hi @anonymous #1 ,
Transfers are possible at the discretion of the academic's in the course you are interested in. I would advise you to get in contact with the university you are interested in moving to and send them your transcripts before making any decisions. Here are some tips if you were transferring to DMU :
- Pass all the modules for the last year you attended at your current university.
- Send your transcripts to admissions and request advanced entry into a specific year.
- Check to see how many modules your current course has in common with the course you want to transfer to.

Good luck with your transfer and definitely query about a transfer before you give up , the admissions team at DMU try their best to support their applicants and I'm sure the same can be said for other universities.
Cece
Energy Engineering student
De Montfort University
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending