The Student Room Group

similarity check

is 36 percent similarity bad in third year....
all my references were highlighted excluding the bibliography it was 19 percent.
IM SO WORRIED SOMEONE PLS HELPPP
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by kind-poster
all my references were highlighted excluding the bibliography it was 19 percent.

It shouldn't be a problem (from a plagiarism point of view) providing that you've correctly referenced the source of the information.
Is this from Turnitin? If so it's just checking similiarity and not identifying plagiairsm. You'll be fine if you've referenced correctly.

Hi!

The references were highlighted due to them likely appearing in other papers - this is not a bad thing. If you’ve followed the referencing guidance your course provided you with, you’ll be absolutely fine regarding your references.

I hope this helps! 🙂

Estelle
Third Year Psychology
University of Huddersfield

Hey!

I completely understand your concern, and it's very natural to feel worried. The overall 36% similarity doesn't indicate plagiarism. As you mentioned your references were highlighted, excluding the bibliography, and contributed to 19% of the similarity. This is a positive aspect because it suggests that the majority of the similarity is likely due to properly cited and referenced content. You can talk to your PAT (Personal Academic Tutor), Student Hub or Academic support to know more about your university's policies and thresholds.

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
University of Southampton
Reply 5
Original post by UoS PG students
Hey!

I completely understand your concern, and it's very natural to feel worried. The overall 36% similarity doesn't indicate plagiarism. As you mentioned your references were highlighted, excluding the bibliography, and contributed to 19% of the similarity. This is a positive aspect because it suggests that the majority of the similarity is likely due to properly cited and referenced content. You can talk to your PAT (Personal Academic Tutor), Student Hub or Academic support to know more about your university's policies and thresholds.

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
University of Southampton

Thanks i'm feeling much better about it now! i will email my tutor for advice to. Thanks again!
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
Is this from Turnitin? If so it's just checking similiarity and not identifying plagiairsm. You'll be fine if you've referenced correctly.

yeah it is i hope so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending