The Student Room Group

UCAS Similarity Report

I recently applied for uni through UCAS and noticed a similarity report under my personal statement.

It says ‘If similarities in your personal statement have been detected, the Similarity Report section will display a colour-coded similarity report. If we have not detected similarities in your personal statement, this section will appear blank.’

there wasn’t any highlight on my actual statement, does this mean I have to wait a few more days or weeks for them to check my statement for any similarity? also, where do i find the similarity section?
Reply 1
Original post by hakuu
I recently applied for uni through UCAS and noticed a similarity report under my personal statement.

It says ‘If similarities in your personal statement have been detected, the Similarity Report section will display a colour-coded similarity report. If we have not detected similarities in your personal statement, this section will appear blank.’

there wasn’t any highlight on my actual statement, does this mean I have to wait a few more days or weeks for them to check my statement for any similarity? also, where do i find the similarity section?

If there's nothing beneath that, then you're fine. As long as you haven't copied from anywhere, there's no reason to worry at all.
Reply 2
If UCAS is worried about it, your Unis will be told and they will contact you.
And they usually only do this if its obvious you have copied chunks from elsewhere, not odd phrases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending